Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I think this election as well as the Brexit vote both have grounds for a do-over. As polls were suggesting it was safe to vote in a particular direction, it would have had a large impact on decision making on voting day. People voting to leave the EU not expecting their vote to count and so instead voted with their heart and not their head. Same goes for this election. And, as governments regularly use polls to kick leaders out of the high seat, they can't really say that they shouldn't be used as a gauge to make your decision with. ....
Same question as I asked Dreamy, #74 above.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Same question as I asked Dreamy, #74 above.
Yeah I saw your question. Obviously I know how elections 'work'. But do you understand how they are broken?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I saw your question. Obviously I know how elections 'work'. But do you understand how they are broken?
They are only broken for those who didn't get the result they wanted. The minority.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
They are only broken for those who didn't get the result they wanted. The minority.

You can't keep rerunning elections until you get the result you like!
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

You can't keep rerunning elections until you get the result you like!
Way to miss the point.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah it goes without saying that you would miss the point.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Way to miss the point.
The polls are a joke. If your phone rings, its a pollster, your in the office surrounded by your colleagues, who are you going to poll for?

Get to the privacy of the ballot box, you vote with your true feelings.

Bar room or BBQ chat over a few beers is a better indicator. When I was in the US earlier this year, the bar room chat was all for Trump, and we are not talking white middle class rednecks.

Why the media has been so foolish in the lead up to this is beyond me.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah old Nige is back again. Abuse and nastiness when no one agrees with you.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:36 pm

What is the point? .... You think that certain elections, which you deem to be "broken" should be rerun so that the "correct" result can be achieved? If that isn't your point, what is it?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:39 pm

The polls are a joke. If your phone rings, its a pollster, your in the office surrounded by your colleagues, who are you going to poll for?

Get to the privacy of the ballot box, you vote with your true feelings.

Bar room or BBQ chat over a few beers is a better indicator. When I was in the US earlier this year, the bar room chat was all for Trump, and we are not talking white middle class rednecks.

Why the media has been so foolish in the lead up to this is beyond me.
They mostly inhabit a bubble filled with left-leaning media luvvies.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

What is the point? .... You think that certain elections, which you deem to be "broken" should be rerun so that the "correct" result can be achieved? If that isn't your point, what is it?
Yep, you missed the point. I didn't call either result the correct or wrong result. I said that the polls allowed people to vote with their hearts and not their heads. If someone was anti Trump but disliked Clinton, they would have felt safe voting for Trump believing their conscience is clear in not voting for Clinton but also thinking there was no way there would be a President Donald Trump. Same applies to Brexit. The polls mislead everyone. If there were no polls, people would pay more attention to policies and consequences.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah old Nige is back again. Abuse and nastiness when no one agrees with you.
Come on, you can do better than that. Surely you saw some name calling in there.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:48 pm

Yep, you missed the point. I didn't call either result the correct or wrong result. I said that the polls allowed people to vote with their hearts and not their heads. .....
OK, now we're getting somewhere, .... obviously you don't understand how elections work. You put an X in a box or shade in a spot next to a name or question. That's all you do. There is no place to record whether you are voting with your head or your heart, a vote is a vote is a vote - you can toss a coin to decide your vote, or vote with your eyes closed, it's still a valid vote. End of story. ..... Anything else that you're thinking is irrelevant.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Doesn't look like it. Dow Jones is strongly up not down, FTSE also closed nearly 1% up.
Quite surprised at that but, hey ho. I made money last night. I do think the markets are due a big correction though.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by renth
Quite surprised at that but, hey ho. I made money last night. I do think the markets are due a big correction though.
Post 60?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.