Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Trivial Negative things in your life...

Trivial Negative things in your life...

Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trivial Negative things in your life...

OK. Let's hear all the trivial stuff that you wouldn't bother sharing. The stuff that is realistic but not important nor effects your countenance.

-Front door knob fell off days ago and I still haven't found the superglue. Why? Garage is full of building materials. No matter, you can grip the appendage left with a pincer grip.
-Wife's front bumper loose and cracked.
-Drainage channels rather poor in the front
-Shower screen cracked - and no plan to change it as it can wait for the rest of the bathroom.

-Part of backyard overgrown
-Firewood unsplit
-Veggie garden in disarray
-Laundry needs new cupboards
-I have a spare tyre lying around in the front somewhere
-An old engine block down the back
-A shed blew over the fence in a storm

And the blame for most of it can be laid squarely at the foot of my 6 month old son. They're all off soon for a while so I can catch myself up.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:56 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trivial Negative things in your life...

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
OK. Let's hear all the trivial stuff that you wouldn't bother sharing. The stuff that is realistic but not important nor effects your countenance.

-Front door knob fell off days ago and I still haven't found the superglue. Why? Garage is full of building materials. No matter, you can grip the appendage left with a pincer grip.
-Shower screen cracked - and no plan to change it as it can wait for the rest of the bathroom.

-Firewood unsplit

And the blame for most of it can be laid squarely at the foot of my 6 month old son. They're all off soon for a while so I can catch myself up.
You've got to be strong and let the wee fella know he's got to face up to his responsibilities and do his chores, or did I read that wrong?
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
You've got to be strong and let the wee fella know he's got to face up to his responsibilities and do his chores, or did I read that wrong?
Maybe.

No - I'll break him into all that over his school years. It's all my fault. Once I get my hours back and daylight saving....
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Back half of house needs completely redecorating
Extension needs to start
Garden needs to get sorted... its turned into dessert (no whipped cream thank you)
bathroom needs relocating to laundry room, laundry room needs putting in bathroom
front lawn needs re turfing
our bathroom needs complete over haul
dogs need bathing
two light fittings need fitting
white wood work needs repainting
garage doors need replacing
pool needs to go in
carpet in bedrooms needs replacing..
fence on right side of house needs replacing

and THATS just for starters...
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:08 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Back half of house needs completely redecorating
Extension needs to start
Garden needs to get sorted... its turned into dessert (no whipped cream thank you)
bathroom needs relocating to laundry room, laundry room needs putting in bathroom
front lawn needs re turfing
our bathroom needs complete over haul
dogs need bathing
two light fittings need fitting
white wood work needs repainting
garage doors need replacing
pool needs to go in
carpet in bedrooms needs replacing..
fence on right side of house needs replacing

and THATS just for starters...
pull your finger out and start doing some of it then....
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asprilla
pull your finger out and start doing some of it then....
But these are trivial matters...that's just it! And, do things really need replacing?

Just one maintenance cycle would do me.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:53 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Need a new light bulb in lounge but cant reach so the lamp will suffice for now

Toe nails need painting

Fridge needs a complete overhaul, I know I'm studying Environmental health but my fridge is just really taking the p*ss, I'm sure there's stuff in there older than me!!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:00 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

"Engine warning light" has been on in the car for..... 10 months now... Perhaps its time to get the car serviced? (oh and replace the tyre that recently got stabbed by a pair of scissors - so I can put the spare back and go back to having 4 matching wheels instead of three alloys and one black steel rim)!

...and isnt it time I rebuilt the media centre with Win7 (I have a disk waiting to go)? I'm repeatedly told how its much 'cleaner' and works better (and I *do* have an annoying problem playing back .mkv files at the moment). Never seems to be a good time to get around to these things... oh and I need to get some cable trunking to actually wire in the rear speakers. I've been running on 2.0 instead of 5.1 for months now!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kelli28
Fridge needs a complete overhaul, I'm sure there's stuff in there older than me!!
Maybe the cure for cancer!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:12 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

The fingernails on both of my index fingers are very different in size.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:14 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I've told you once and I'll tell you again, stop talking about your wife's vag!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

-Firewood unsplit

Lightbulb blew in the kitchen.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:30 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

One of the hubcaps on the car won't fit properly since I forced it off changing a tyre

My underpants are a disgrace to mankind and the whole collection (3 of) needs renewing
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:37 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

There's a mountain of washing to put away.
And an even bigger pile of washing to hang to dry.
A spotlight has blown in the kitchen.
The toddler tornado has blown in again and the place looks like Hamleys on sale day. For a change.
The laptop is being temperamental and had decided that My Documents is no longer working.
I need to buy some bigger gym clothes - everything is getting too tight. But I just look fat, rather than pregnant.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:40 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I need to buy some bigger gym clothes - everything is getting too tight.
I'd say that means there is something wrong with your gym then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.