Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Traffic Infringement Notice

Wikiposts

Traffic Infringement Notice

Old Dec 8th 2011, 10:40 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic Infringement Notice

Yes I agree that the limits are low, but we cant change it so adhere to the driving laws of where you live, if you really cannot stand to pay the fine when you break the limits then move somewhere where the limits are higher - but will they ever be high enough for you I ask myself, if the limit on the Freeway was say 120km p/h - would you still bleat and moan if you exceeded it?

Jesus christ some people on here remind me of some of the POMs I used to work with that would text each other the locations of booze buses and try and claim that they had perfect control and were more alert after a few drinks and then have the cheek to moan when they were pulled over, saying 'I need my car in order to work'. How many of those tossers drive under the influence with their kids in the car!

What is so bad about obeying the law? It is not as though you can change the laws of the country that you live in.

As I said, the difference between 5km, 10km over the limit is a ****ing huge difference on impact - whatever that impact may be.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 10:44 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7

Jesus christ some people on here remind me of some of the POMs I used to work with that would text each other the locations of booze buses and try and claim that they had perfect control and were more alert after a few drinks
That is a bit ironic given that drinking and driving is endemic among Australians
Old Dec 8th 2011, 11:10 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
That is a bit ironic given that drinking and driving is endemic among Australians
Drinking and driving is surely endemic wherever wankers live in the world.
Not just Australia.

Drive with your brain, not your ego.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 11:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Drinking and driving is surely endemic wherever wankers live in the world.
That's what I said isn't it?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 11:21 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

No.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:12 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if that is what you meant but it came across as purely an Aussie thing.

However, the amount of POMS I have met that think it is OK to do it and have even said 'Oh everyone does it here'

That tells me these people would do it in the UK as well if they could get away with it as easily, hence the reason why they embrace it so much here.

And the 'oh public transport, taxis are so crap here thats why I have to do it'

How sad, why not take turns to be the designated driver, or not drink or stay in and drink.

As TP said, there are wankers everywhere that D/D - that will always justify it.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Interesting. Of course injury/death is a function of speed but accidents aren't a linear function of speed especially +8KM. I've driven in UK and Canada. Montreal is a free for all where the locals accelerate thru amber lights and there is a 10 second transition when at a red light whilst 52 cars whizz through.
UK has the best drivers by far. I feel a lot safer driving around the M25 from Heathrow and up the A10 at 90MPH then I do tooling along the Canning highway at 60. Drivers are too unpredictable here.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I find australian shoppers seem to have the same spacial awareness issues as drivers...

Number of times people bump into you with their trolleys in the supermarket... Similar to tail gating... Like aussie blokes in the pub... No idea of personal space

Wonders idly whether dyspraxia is endemic in the australian population....
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by eddie007
I find australian shoppers seem to have the same spacial awareness issues as drivers...

Number of times people bump into you with their trolleys in the supermarket... Similar to tail gating... Like aussie blokes in the pub... No idea of personal space

Wonders idly whether dyspraxia is endemic in the australian population....

You know what I am laughing at Eddie.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I am laughing at Eddie.
What? You know Pommie bloke(s) like that too
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:05 am

What? You know Pommie bloke(s) like that too
Nope, I know people that have a total inability to keep their hands to themselves.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nope, I know people that have a total inability to keep their hands to themselves.
I was Thinking more along the lines of no names no pack drill myself.... But now you come to mention it... Yes
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:13 am

I was Thinking more along the lines of no names no pack drill myself.... But now you come to mention it... Yes
Mr PP is just getting a cold beer out of the fridge - do you fancy one?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mr PP is just getting a cold beer out of the fridge - do you fancy one?
Yes please..... And a handful of ice for my cointreau? Dont usually like it diluted with anything other than more cointreau, but tonight I will make an exception....
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:36 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

On purpose by nearly 100% and crossed red lights on purpose too... Specifically When HE got bitten by the snake.... As I said at the time... Would have lost my license had I been pinged... I just wanted to get HIM to hospital alive...
If you'd been caught speeding in that situation you would have had a lawful or emergent reason for speeding (if he'd been bitten by a deadly snake and needed to be rushed to hospital as an emergency). You would certainly have a case for claiming that.
Whenever we charge someone for anything we ask them if they have a lawful or emergent reason for committing that offense. Otherwise they have a defense for it.

I know this is irrelevant in this case, I'm just saying...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.