Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The toy you regret buying for your kids...

The toy you regret buying for your kids...

Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:02 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The toy you regret buying for your kids...

that you thought was a really good idea at first...

..... walkie talkies with a 'beep' call button on it and having to explain over and over and over and over again how to press the button when you talk but lift it up to hear the other person.... again and again and again and again and again....

Got one?
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:07 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The toy you regret buying for your kids...

All of them.

I spent an hour yesterday removing toys from packaging.

My little lovelies then proceeded to fight over each others toys despite having lots of their own

They are currently both ignoring all of their new toys and fighting over the remote control helicopter that my step daughter got for my OH.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Kapri
All of them.

I spent an hour yesterday removing toys from packaging.

My little lovelies then proceeded to fight over each others toys despite having lots of their own

They are currently both ignoring all of their new toys and fighting over the remote control helicopter that my step daughter got for my OH.
Not one of those little stunt 'copters which zap around your house... yeah, we have one of those.

The batteries are conveniently missing.

Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

..... walkie talkies with a 'beep' call button on it and having to explain over and over and over and over again how to press the button when you talk but lift it up to hear the other person.... again and again and again and again and again....
We got my stepson the walkie talkies a couple of years ago and he drove us mad for exactly that reason. 6 months and he never got pressing the bloody button, or not talking with your mouth more than 1/4 inch away from the mike so the other person could actually hear anything other than "mmmph mmpppph mmhpphh".

Then he lost one of them. Blissful days
Old Dec 26th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Santa got the girls digital cameras and now there are a few really non flattering photos of me......hate having my photo taken...luckily i can delete them, when i work out how to..

Also he bought the boy a nintendo ds with the idea that when we fly to aus he will have his own one to use and he can play with it now..hes not looked at it at all and has played non stop with the couple of playmobil lorries i get off ebay...typical. Wish santa had got him something playmobil!!! that man just doesnt think does he.

Hes now playing with rachels sylvanian family house i bought off my friend..you know what im not buying anything new any more im getting everything second hand cos they have been the most popular toys in this house.

Have a good new year guys.

Old Dec 26th 2007, 12:19 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

Got one?
bizarrely enough the same toy!! the friggin goddamn Diego the explorer walkie talkie set .... its been frustrating!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 4:55 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by islandmom
bizarrely enough the same toy!! the friggin goddamn Diego the explorer walkie talkie set .... its been frustrating!
Originally Posted by NikiL
We got my stepson the walkie talkies a couple of years ago and he drove us mad for exactly that reason. 6 months and he never got pressing the bloody button, or not talking with your mouth more than 1/4 inch away from the mike so the other person could actually hear anything other than "mmmph mmpppph mmhpphh".

Then he lost one of them. Blissful days

Got one?
guess what?

me too!!!

funny how the batteries are now missing
Old Dec 26th 2007, 5:06 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I think 20 Rothmans may have been a bad choice, small lungs are better with Marlboro lights . . .
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pony
I think 20 Rothmans may have been a bad choice, small lungs are better with Marlboro lights . . .
http://fotoblog.hasiciondrejov.net/i...25_bad_toy.jpg
Oh that's bad!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
guess what?

me too!!!

funny how the batteries are now missing
Walkie talkies... bad move.

Hey, I hope those are low tar!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Got one?
buying our son an x box 360, we used to argue over the remote now its the tv, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you have one quess as to who is winning at the moment.
mandy
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Walkie talkies were a great buy, you lot just have no patience.

Th eworse thing was letting him spend all his money on a gamecube that cost $200 and was worth 30 the next week when he wanted to sell it.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:43 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Does a toy for the 'Big Kid' of the family count??

A friggin PS3!! Him and Danielle havent been off it since Christmas Day and I havent even had a go yet!!

You wait........shops are open again today so I'm off out to buy a game just for the girls!!!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Brain training game or whatever it's called for the DS.

All I've head today is our son saying, "Rock, Paper, Scissors", at the top of his voice :curse:

Did the age thingy and apparently I have the brain of a 50 year old, but it seem I am beating my son so it can't be all bad

Mandy
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:54 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Got one?
Think everyone who was around at our's yesterday regrets the super soakers we bought the kids! They had a ball though.....

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.