Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The toy you regret buying for your kids...

The toy you regret buying for your kids...

Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Default Re: The toy you regret buying for your kids...

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Brain training game or whatever it's called for the DS.

All I've head today is our son saying, "Rock, Paper, Scissors", at the top of his voice :curse:

Did the age thingy and apparently I have the brain of a 50 year old, but it seem I am beating my son so it can't be all bad

Mandy
Brain of a 50 yo, but you don't look a day over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm in trouble now
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:19 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Another big kid one - the pool sunbed I got for my mum - OH took a liking to it!
Attached Thumbnails The toy you regret buying for your kids...-ianpool.jpg  
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

DCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really nice

I shouldn't have got my son a bottle opener.

He nabbed all my stash.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:47 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
I shouldn't have got my son a bottle opener.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6...onpridebp9.jpg

He nabbed all my stash.
Big mistake.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

In our house no.2 son was overjoyed with his drum kit. We`d had to leave his drums in UK when we moved here in Jan promising that he would have a new set in Oz. What with moving/renting/settling/ buying house/moving again and his constant requests........the drums were never replaced until Father Christmas brought some.Luckily for my neighbours he also brought the muffle pads! Still jolly noisy,but he is happy and our neighbours still like us.

However we were astounded at the fight that broke out at Christmas lunch over who got a particular cracker toy!!!!!!! Next year I may just give them all a box of crackers.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
that you thought was a really good idea at first...

..... walkie talkies with a 'beep' call button on it and having to explain over and over and over and over again how to press the button when you talk but lift it up to hear the other person.... again and again and again and again and again....

Got one?
Not a toy but I certainly regret the pressie i gave step-daughter this year
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wilgar
In our house no.2 son was overjoyed with his drum kit. We`d had to leave his drums in UK when we moved here in Jan promising that he would have a new set in Oz. What with moving/renting/settling/ buying house/moving again and his constant requests........the drums were never replaced until Father Christmas brought some.Luckily for my neighbours he also brought the muffle pads! Still jolly noisy,but he is happy and our neighbours still like us.

However we were astounded at the fight that broke out at Christmas lunch over who got a particular cracker toy!!!!!!! Next year I may just give them all a box of crackers.
The most successful toy was a shop till, with money, a scanner, belt, microphone etc and some really nice bits of wooden 'food'.
All I could hear was shopper announcemets and the beep of the till for hours....
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear
Not a toy but I certainly regret the pressie i gave step-daughter this year
What, her mother?

Quality, not quantity ...
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

What, her mother?

Quality, not quantity ...
Too much and below par - I didn't really understand the term 'chav' until recently
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:13 pm

Too much and below par - I didn't really understand the term 'chav' until recently
And now you are enlightened!

Good to see you chipper again Sas.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Tiddly - and the next time you hear me come up with a 'brilliant idea' like this ever again...

Please

Just shoot me
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:17 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

must have been a good shag lol
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggy
must have been a good shag lol
erm hubby had to go off and recharge his batteries for a while so I get to play on the computer
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:20 pm

Thanks Tiddly - and the next time you hear me come up with a 'brilliant idea' like this ever again...

Please

Just shoot me
Yes ma'am.

Look on the bright side... lessons learnt all round and next time, if indeed there is one, guest accomodation is at the bottom of the garden in the studio... or at the local motel.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

The most successful toy was a shop till, with money, a scanner, belt, microphone etc and some really nice bits of wooden 'food'.
All I could hear was shopper announcemets and the beep of the till for hours....

And does it also play inappropriate christmas carols as the till beeps? After all its Christmas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.