Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime

Wikiposts

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime

Originally Posted by Hutch
I can guarantee that at this very moment, Google is bringing new servers on-line to cope with the keywords 'Australian' 'court' and 'leniency'.
I thought Google was running a little slow!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Concern at low rate of criminal trial success

"The Law Society of WA says statistics revealing that less than half of all serious criminal trials last financial year resulted in convictions raise serious concerns about public prosecutors."

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=44326
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

You just have to watch "The Force" to see what lenient sentences (quite often pathetic little fines) are handed out to crims here.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gedge
assumptions eh? where would we be without em
This is not an assumption, it's a statement based on my experiences. Nowhere in my post did I make any assumptions. Perhaps you should take a little time to read the post before replying, particularly with you being a moderator.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:31 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Strange how you can get a harser penalty for fraud than for murder:curse:

Money first everytime....
I agree.
I think most people would agree that there should be toiugher sentences for people who seriously assault others.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:40 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marwood
This is not an assumption, it's a statement based on my experiences. Nowhere in my post did I make any assumptions. Perhaps you should take a little time to read the post before replying, particularly with you being a moderator.
actually i was agreeing with you regarding people assuming you were a pom
perhaps you should take a little time to consider that
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:23 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

before this turns into another bitchfest. why dont we all make ourselves clear from the begining? then we wouldnt have to read these pathtic little comments that start over nothing.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gedge
actually i was agreeing with you regarding people assuming you were a pom
perhaps you should take a little time to consider that
In which case my apologies - perhaps I have lived in south London too long after all.