too darned hot

Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default too darned hot

Help, I'm melting! 40degrees, no air con and even the pool has warmed up to 28 degrees. It's been a week of very hot and humid weather, and all my plants are shrivelled as the water is going to refill the pool!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: too darned hot

You have to make tuff choices.... Plants or pool????

POOL!!!!! get in it and stop whinging!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

It was on our news . The news reader could't stop sniggering!

Tuffen up east coast pansies.

Who has a pool before aircon anyway? And at 28 for the pool you've still got 4 degrees to go before us rock ard' peeps would even get in.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sending you a delivery of quick set concrete darling...
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:12 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Help, I'm melting! 40degrees, no air con and even the pool has warmed up to 28 degrees. It's been a week of very hot and humid weather, and all my plants are shrivelled as the water is going to refill the pool!
Everyone in the whole World in Australia needs air con. Every day and night for the rest of their lives. My sympathy regarding the hot weather and your plants.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:22 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

12 months ago, people in Qld were either not allowed to refill pools (or filling them in altogether), and not allowed to water plants, except for those who used their own tank water for it.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:32 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
12 months ago, people in Qld were either not allowed to refill pools (or filling them in altogether), and not allowed to water plants, except for those who used their own tank water for it.
Tank Water rocks, we have a full tank and pool ... we are also suffering from Dead Possum in the gutters but this is a small price to pay ... no water rates, 5 years in and never had to buy water ... It's the future people ...
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the pool a lot of the day, or in an air conditioned shopping centre, like the rest of us wusses. However, as I have MS and it gets worse in the heat, I do have a tiny excuse about whingeing. ATM the pool is my priority- I get in when the temp of the water hits 22 degrees so that I can exercise without overheating. It rarely gets above 25, so it is unusually warm at 28.

It is also hard to see the little plants you nurtured, and which had fruit just starting to swell on them be turned to limp compost or crisped. I did get out there with a watering can, but the soil was bone dry within half an hour. (I only water pots, the rest has to fend for itself, but only the weeds survive.) Even the trees arew stressed- many are shedding leaves, bark and branches- effectively mulching the garden, pool, patio and roof.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was in the pool a lot of the day, or in an air conditioned shopping centre, like the rest of us wusses. However, as I have MS and it gets worse in the heat, I do have a tiny excuse about whingeing. ATM the pool is my priority- I get in when the temp of the water hits 22 degrees so that I can exercise without overheating. It rarely gets above 25, so it is unusually warm at 28.

It is also hard to see the little plants you nurtured, and which had fruit just starting to swell on them be turned to limp compost or crisped. I did get out there with a watering can, but the soil was bone dry within half an hour. (I only water pots, the rest has to fend for itself, but only the weeds survive.) Even the trees arew stressed- many are shedding leaves, bark and branches- effectively mulching the garden, pool, patio and roof.
Ok.... You're allowed to whinge.

What about one of them portable aircon units... And holing yerself up with it?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:58 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I do feel bad whinging when parts of the country have had much worse things to deal with, but this is the hottest I've experienced in Sydney - or anywhere I think, apart from Uluru

We stayed in all day yesterday with the blinds down and aircon on. I hate aircon - rarely used it in Singapore - but just couldn't do without it. Night times this past week have been unbearable.

Caroline, we didn't have any aircon when we were north shore and bought a portable evaporative cooler from Bunnings for under $100. I use it now in my dressing room, and it certainly helps.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gjn200
It was on our news . The news reader could't stop sniggering!

Tuffen up east coast pansies.

Who has a pool before aircon anyway? And at 28 for the pool you've still got 4 degrees to go before us rock ard' peeps would even get in.
Actually.... Many older houses have the pool and no air con... Its a relatively new thing... Certainly a lot newer than pools....
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

I feel in need of a whinge too. I thought it was going to cool down today, but it still feels unbearable. I am in early labour now - woohoo - but it does mean I can't really go anywhere, although yesterday we went to the shops and then to the swimming pool. I just wish the little bugger would hurry up so I could get to the airconditioned hospital.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:22 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
I feel in need of a whinge too. I thought it was going to cool down today, but it still feels unbearable. I am in early labour now - woohoo - but it does mean I can't really go anywhere, although yesterday we went to the shops and then to the swimming pool. I just wish the little bugger would hurry up so I could get to the airconditioned hospital.
Woohoo indeed!

It's supposed to cool down later this afternoon, Daydreamer - hang on in there. Are you still on the LNS? You should get more of a breeze than we have, at least.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

I know, so exciting, although my OH says he is surprised how boring labour is and has gone off to the gym I dont mind the peace and quiet for a bit.

Yeah, still in the same place, it is getting windy, but still hot hot hot
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Come to Victoria....I've had to put a fleece on this morning. The house has dropped to 18 degrees and I'm cold!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.