Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tony Abbott new Lib leader

Wikiposts

Tony Abbott new Lib leader

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:53 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Tony Abbott new Lib leader

Originally Posted by Devlin
I still much prefer the current sad state of affairs to John Howard being PM though!
Like you, I would prefer to see a strong Opposition because it's good for government and good for the punters. However, JH was a fine PM in many ways. On balance I prefer Rudd, but it's a close call.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:04 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Tony Abbott new Lib leader

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
wow! How does it feel getting off that fence? Careful now, you're getting very opinionated!
What fence ?
Some people say I have always been opinionated

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If we decided to go ahead next year it would be 2020-25 before they were operational.
Agree, it would be a big boost for our top end scientific/engineering industry.
It would provide people like me with shitloads of work - with big money.
We should be doing everything we can with our uranium; mining, processing, power generation - even weapons.
I would prefer to go with the ETS that would make people like me (Exchange/Trading Systems developers) loads of money.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:26 pm
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Like you, I would prefer to see a strong Opposition because it's good for government and good for the punters. However, JH was a fine PM in many ways. On balance I prefer Rudd, but it's a close call.
Rudd is the Australian Blair.

PR and spin and a phony smile. I hate politicians who try to be celebs and appeal to the morons in society who fall for such crap.

Rudd saying things like ''fair shake of the sauce bottle'' and all that bull.

Labour politicians are not to be trusted and it matters not whether they are in Westminster or Canberra.

I bet Britain would be in a better state now if we hadn't had those New Labour turds in power for twelve years and Australia owes its avoidance of serious recession to Howard and Costello - not KRudd and his cronies, though they will of course take all the credit.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:34 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mono

PR and spin and a phony smile. I hate politicians who try to be celebs and appeal to the morons in society who fall for such crap.

Labour politicians are not to be trusted and it matters not whether they are in Westminster or Canberra.

I bet Britain would be in a better state now if we hadn't had those New Labour turds in power for twelve years and Australia owes its avoidance of serious recession to Howard and Costello - not KRudd and his cronies, though they will of course take all the credit.
Where are you Grayling?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

If we decided to go ahead next year it would be 2020-25 before they were operational.
Agree, it would be a big boost for our top end scientific/engineering industry.
It would provide people like me with shitloads of work - with big money.
We should be doing everything we can with our uranium; mining, processing, power generation - even weapons.

Nearly choked on my Coffee but 100pct agree.... infact all of the above is vital.

So earn away

He wont get in because of Workchoices though
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:44 pm
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you Grayling?
Who, may I ask, is '"Grayling''?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:45 pm
Banned

Where are you Grayling?
Who, may I ask, is ''Grayling''?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Labour , Labor or Democrats. They are the same the whole world over. Most have never had a real job except as union agitators. It always ends in the country nearly going bankrupt until the stupid voters then get it and vote in a conservative government. Then the whole cycle starts again.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Labour , Labor or Democrats. They are the same the whole world over. Most have never had a real job except as union agitators. It always ends in the country nearly going bankrupt until the stupid voters then get it and vote in a conservative government. Then the whole cycle starts again.
That's about right. People moan about boring John Major or dull John Howard and their nasty conservative, capitalist politics but when it comes to turning things to utter rubbish no one does it the way a Labour party does.

People never learn.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:31 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
I would prefer to go with the ETS that would make people like me (Exchange/Trading Systems developers) loads of money.
Fair enough. Nice gig if you can get it.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
He wont get in because of Workchoices though
Agree, Papist boy has no chance of beating KRuddie.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:15 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Agree, Papist boy has no chance of beating KRuddie.

Good! I'm traditionally a conservative (with a small c) voter, but I have no wish to see this drongo take over the reigns.

S
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I think rather than it being labour govts that turn things to sh#t....it is in reality extreme govts on either side who do it. Far right ideologues and far left ideologues....compare Clinton and Bush, Clinton middle of the road so considered fairly successful president economically/socially vs Bush who let ideologues take over his govt leading to a worse outcome than Clinton economically and otherwise.

Would be the same if a far left govt full of extreme unionists got in....so in my book vote 1 for centrist govts of either brand, vote no to ideologues of either brand.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Tony Abbott new Lib leader

Who, may I ask, is ''Grayling''?
LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.