Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

tips for setting up Beauty Salon from home please !!!

tips for setting up Beauty Salon from home please !!!

Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:34 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default tips for setting up Beauty Salon from home please !!!

hello,

i am hoping to set up my own beauty salon from home when we move to the sunshine coast in june, as any one else done it , is it easy expensive . were do you get your supplies and do you have any tips.

Any advice greatly appreciated Niamh
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Re: tips for setting up Beauty Salon from home please !!!

All I know is if customers are going to your home then you will have to get permission from the council for this.

Great fun that will be!

Good luck.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:11 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by caleb2003
All I know is if customers are going to your home then you will have to get permission from the council for this.

Great fun that will be!

Good luck.
Thats correct. It will probably need an application for change of use under the IPA, rather than simply asking for and receiving permission. This may have implications if the property is later sold.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Baby75
hello,

i am hoping to set up my own beauty salon from home when we move to the sunshine coast in june, as any one else done it , is it easy expensive . were do you get your supplies and do you have any tips.

Any advice greatly appreciated Niamh
A friend of my sisters has converted her garage into a salon. I'm off there this afternoon, to be de-fuzzed (!!!), so I'll ask her what it involved & get back to you, if nobody else has answered by then. She came over from Ireland too, so there you go!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:11 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charb
A friend of my sisters has converted her garage into a salon. I'm off there this afternoon, to be de-fuzzed (!!!), so I'll ask her what it involved & get back to you, if nobody else has answered by then. She came over from Ireland too, so there you go!
Thanks so much any information would be great
ill be looking forward to hearing how she did it

Niamh
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

You will also need shed loads of insurance, think AMERICA
When someone sets foot on your driveway YOu are responsible for them! (yeah, like they can't possibly watch where they are walking )

Suppliers aren't like UK. They don't do them in such a big way, eg I can't fine one supplier that does bulk cotton wool pads! (Its cheaper to get packs from IGA!) and also public can go there, no questions asked either.

Also one EXPO per year Pants really!