Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tips and experiences of appealing traffic infringement in court

Tips and experiences of appealing traffic infringement in court

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:10 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tips and experiences of appealing traffic infringement in court

Husband was driving his works ute and came to an intersection noticing the police car behind him. He paused, checked the road and continued.
The police stopped him further up the road and said he failed to stop???
He argued his case to the policewoman and she was not for letting him off.
Today we get the infringement in the post. The description says:
'Fail to obey stop sign. fail to stop and give way at a stop sign or line at an intersection'

Ok, he was driving a manual ute and had to stop to change gear. She said he'd stopped but not for over 3 SECONDS. He said he did.

$282.00 penalty and 3 demerits.

Any ideas? He wants to go to court because he did stop. HELP!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:51 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips and experiences of appealing traffic infringement in court

Just found this:
http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_ID=10367
Going to try anyway!!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 8:24 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Husband was driving his works ute and came to an intersection noticing the police car behind him. He paused, checked the road and continued.
The police stopped him further up the road and said he failed to stop???
He argued his case to the policewoman and she was not for letting him off.
Today we get the infringement in the post. The description says:
'Fail to obey stop sign. fail to stop and give way at a stop sign or line at an intersection'

Ok, he was driving a manual ute and had to stop to change gear. She said he'd stopped but not for over 3 SECONDS. He said he did.

$282.00 penalty and 3 demerits.

Any ideas? He wants to go to court because he did stop. HELP!!!!!
In my personal experience you are wasting your time & effort. I had a similar experience a number of years ago I was stationary for close to 2 mins waiting for traffic yet the moment I pulled out I was stopped & issued a ticket for failing to stop. I had multiple witness statements & still the case went against me.
After that the vehicle I was driving became a target for RBT's etc. When your RBT'd 6 times in one night it's not random it's deliberate harassment, do you want that kind of fight? It's one you can't win
Old Jan 25th 2013, 1:50 am
Former Resident Visa

Originally Posted by cresta57
In my personal experience you are wasting your time & effort. I had a similar experience a number of years ago I was stationary for close to 2 mins waiting for traffic yet the moment I pulled out I was stopped & issued a ticket for failing to stop. I had multiple witness statements & still the case went against me.
After that the vehicle I was driving became a target for RBT's etc. When your RBT'd 6 times in one night it's not random it's deliberate harassment, do you want that kind of fight? It's one you can't win
Thanks for taking time to reply.
We've talked about it a lot including what happened to you and decided to just pay. We are disgusted, husband said its the principle but in a court against a cop you just do not stand a chance. I hope these 'people' can sleep at night. It scares me to think who is in jail now just to meet targets.
Noone likes a liar... they always get caught
Old Jan 25th 2013, 3:33 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

It does sound like harassment. Time to put hidden cameras in and outside of car and record all of it. Then send it to the very head of police for the whole state and tell them you're looking at a harassment suit if it doesn't stop.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:53 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

My brother got done for failing to stop at a stop sign even though hecwas stationary apparently he didnt stop for long enough. Its ridiculous but when it is your word against theres unfortunately. Police lose respect for this very reason.

Last edited by chris955; Jan 25th 2013 at 6:29 am.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Were you stopped 6 times by the same cop, 6 different officers????????????
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:59 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Were you stopped 6 times by the same cop, 6 different officers????????????
Same cop, three times in one night, on the fourth occasion his mate actually pulled him away & said "come on mate enough times tonight"
Shortly after that someone pulled out on us from a side street & we T-boned them writing off both vehicles. Didn't get stopped in the hire car & only rarely RBT'd since.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 9:30 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Same cop, three times in one night, on the fourth occasion his mate actually pulled him away & said "come on mate enough times tonight"
Shortly after that someone pulled out on us from a side street & we T-boned them writing off both vehicles. Didn't get stopped in the hire car & only rarely RBT'd since.
Gympie cops have always been a bunch of W@#kers. When I was living back home, a Kingaroy cop in our unit always gave us the heads up when they came around doing the RBT around Kingaroy.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:26 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Country cops often get sent to the country for good reason
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

That is despicable.

I'm gonna drive with my carcam from now on and nail any police officer that does that to me.