Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

THAT time of the year?!

Wikiposts

THAT time of the year?!

Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Wink THAT time of the year?!

Just wondering (I do that a lot) if anyone else suffers from that case, commonly know as "That time of the year?"

It can be signified by :-

* Lack of sleep
* Lack of social commitments being met
* Weird food being eaten at weird times of the day
* Perhaps wearing work clothes for more than one day at a time
* General disconnection with other family members

As you can imagine, farming is often fairly manic but we're winding up to our most manic times yet and we're 10 days away from dearest darling OH folks arriving!

Does anyone else have this in their lives?

How do you cope and what are the triggers to know you're suddenly in it? (Mine appears to be more Cold cans disappearing from the fridge in less time (that's all me by the way ))
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:56 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THAT time of the year?!

I think this period is known as 'workdays'.

I combat them by not having a job and can thoroughly recommend it as a lifestyle choice.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THAT time of the year?!

Mine are about to end with DD going back to school in a week, and me working next week.
In the UK I used to hate February, due to lack of sunlight and warmth:all sorts of bad things seemed to happen then. Here I quite like it.