Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Time for a photo thread :)

Wikiposts

Time for a photo thread :)

Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for a photo thread :)

Originally Posted by fish.01
I love the feeling of Enoggera Terrace. Note sure if it the elevation, or the trees or the charming houses. Just feels right.
Totally agree....they are very lucky.

G
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:33 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Apparently the Eureka Tower is the world's tallest residential tower when measured to its highest floor, but Q1 located on the Gold Coast is officially the world's tallest residential building as its spire adds to its total height - according to Wiki anyway. And the Eureka Tower Apartment site says 'The world’s second tallest residential building, Eureka Tower is an architectural icon' so I'd say it was Q1, until a taller one's built anyway
They shouldn't allow the spire of buildings to be counted in the height calculation

It's a bit of con really. I mean the spire on Q1 is 50m tall! Looks like Q1 will soon be superseded though.

Eureka Tower is more of an architectural icon than Q1 in my opinion.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:49 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
They shouldn't allow the spire of buildings to be counted in the height calculation

It's a bit of con really. I mean the spire on Q1 is 50m tall! Looks like Q1 will soon be superseded though.

Eureka Tower is more of an architectural icon than Q1 in my opinion.
Anyone know the significance of the big bees on Eureka?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:00 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Anyone know the significance of the big bees on Eureka?
I wondered about that when I visited. Public art?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:04 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I wondered about that when I visited. Public art?
Certainly public art but I was wondering if there was any significance.

I also wonder why the queen bee has teats

Last edited by MartinLuther; Aug 15th 2009 at 11:08 am.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Certainly public art but I was wondering if there was any significance.
I meant that I thought they were just public art, with no real significance.

Got to say I love Melbourne's architecture. So edgy and contemporary.

Sydney is a beautiful city, but its architecture is a bit dull and conservative. It's like the city stopped when the Opera House was built.

The new Apple store on George St was lauded as being something special, but again it is boring. Sydney can’t seem to get out of the 1980s mindset of money and business.

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Aug 15th 2009 at 11:23 am.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Some Paddington houses that caught my eye today. All photos are taken about 2km to the west of the Brisbane CBD.
I didn't know Brisbane could look so Splendid. I've only managed to catch the mediocre oh so familiar glitzy and shallow parts uptil now. So thanks for that

Doubt if I'll be able to get many more photos on for a while.... back to Night Shift and a half life dammit.

Caught up with Fraser and his fine Family pre MV game... Had a great night... except the photos I took didn't come out any good.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I meant that I thought they were just public art, with no real significance.

Got to say I love Melbourne's architecture. So edgy and contemporary.

Sydney is a beautiful city, but its architecture is a bit dull and conservative. It's like the city stopped when the Opera House was built.

The new Apple store on George St was lauded as being something special, but again it is boring. Sydney can’t seem to get out of the 1980s mindset of money and business.
Melbournes been going through a massive growth and regeneration spurt over the last 10 years or so. It was the most important city in Aus at the end of the 19th century. If it keeps going like this for another 10 years it could well surpass Sydney.

Lets see if they do something really Iconic down at Harbour City.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 5:43 pm
In melbourne

silver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant future

A few photos

Melbourne CBD from Docklands

The Camels on the Beach in Broom

Rain in Melbourne

Sunrise over the mountains high country vic
Old Aug 15th 2009, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Daughters school in South Brisbane and our suburb and views in Coorparoo.
Attached Thumbnails Time for a photo thread :)-images-3.jpeg   Time for a photo thread :)-105525801mm1233811980.jpg   Time for a photo thread :)-105909241-20090811132349-p-2-main%4020feature.jpg  
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Daughters school in South Brisbane and our suburb and views in Coorparoo.
Hi Kim, when you click on the photos they popup in a small window - but they get no larger when you click on them - might be just me
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:53 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Its not you. Same probs here!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think she posted pictures she found on the internet rather than some she'd taken herself and only copied the thumbnail, not the larger picture. Happens sometimes when you do that.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:25 am
Just Joined

EssexAussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Some lovely photos... Has any body got any links to some DIY photos of Perth and Adelaide?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I think she posted pictures she found on the internet rather than some she'd taken herself and only copied the thumbnail, not the larger picture. Happens sometimes when you do that.
Yep, I did, I don't have any in my iphoto - they're all of Dubai at the moment. Just wanted to show that not all of Australia is flat legoland as some people make out. Our suburb is lovely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.