Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Time for my first moan about Australia

Time for my first moan about Australia

Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for my first moan about Australia

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I hate that Hoselink ad. I really want to punch that old dude in the face. Hard. And then smack the stupid chick upside the head with a length of hose. :curse:

Oh gawd that ad is soooo annoying, and now he has the family dog in his the ad too, why do they always want the family in? There is a real estate agent here who doesnt feature the house he puts in a photo of his bloody kids instead

While on ads, has anyone else noticed PAY TV now has up to 9 ads 2/3 times per half hour show.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:55 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
There used to be Chris & Marie with their nursery...not so much shouty as just plain bizarre...not seen that for ages though.
They're the naked ones aren't they? I've actually been to their place on Springvale Rd. Fortunately they were dressed.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
.....but not a very big one!

Don't they have actors here? I keep hearing and seeing terrible commercials with voiceovers from people who sound like they died 5 years ago.

Tonight was "buy your trousers from Rivers" in a monotone. It was so bad I had to look up from loading the dishwasher to see what it was. Which may have been the point...........
I like those adverts for Rivers!Maybe it says something about me but they always make me smile at the voice.They have a women as well but she has a bit to go before she can sound as bored as the man.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 1:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
.....but not a very big one!

Don't they have actors here? I keep hearing and seeing terrible commercials with voiceovers from people who sound like they died 5 years ago.

Tonight was "buy your trousers from Rivers" in a monotone. It was so bad I had to look up from loading the dishwasher to see what it was. Which may have been the point...........
The guy who does Harvey Norman's ads has made a career out of them. He's lucky that nobody has seen his face as he would probably been executed by now
Old Mar 15th 2011, 1:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason Rivers seems to think these monotone ads are really clever. I don't really get it, when you're selling products as naff as those they really need some spruiking!
It will be a cold day in hell if I ever buy anything from Rivers
Old Mar 15th 2011, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I hate that Hoselink ad. I really want to punch that old dude in the face. Hard. And then smack the stupid chick upside the head with a length of hose. :curse:
, esp when he adds that "you beauty', or whatever little catchprase it is,in that same droney voice. omg. He says his hose never kinks...... bet I could make it
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Ross Switzer drives us crazy. She is muted everytime she comes on TV!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by What_a_life
, esp when he adds that "you beauty', or whatever little catchprase it is,in that same droney voice. omg. He says his hose never kinks...... bet I could make it
I know! Like he walks around all the time saying things like "she'll be roight mite" and "you beauty".
Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Ross Switzer drives us crazy. She is muted everytime she comes on TV!
It's not her voice that kills me, it's her Grand Canyon sized gob.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

I saw the ad for the Aussie version of Cillit Bang the other. It was a slight improvement on the UK one but still won't be buying the stuff.

There was an ad recently for some apartments that MUST go by a certain date. The guy didn't make them sound overly uninviting & he seemed so uninterested in what he was selling. But it was a bargain price (apparently)

Alison x
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
I saw the ad for the Aussie version of Cillit Bang the other. It was a slight improvement on the UK one but still won't be buying the stuff.

There was an ad recently for some apartments that MUST go by a certain date. The guy didn't make them sound overly uninviting & he seemed so uninterested in what he was selling. But it was a bargain price (apparently)

Alison x
Oh are those the million dollar shoeboxes down in Mandurah? Yeah, he did sound pretty bored, didn't he?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be Chris & Marie with their nursery...not so much shouty as just plain bizarre...not seen that for ages though.
Unfortunately they are still going and dressed in a pink tutu as well, on the radio as well. I would love to punch that guys lights out.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

* Actually I think there are some fantastic Australian actors, but they're all in Hollywood putting on American accents.[/QUOTE]

Yeah what is it with Aussie actors that go to Hollywood, most of them seem to adopt an American accent very quickly.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:30 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
* Actually I think there are some fantastic Australian actors, but they're all in Hollywood putting on American accents.

Yeah what is it with Aussie actors that go to Hollywood, most of them seem to adopt an American accent very quickly.
Um, to get work?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
* Actually I think there are some fantastic Australian actors, but they're all in Hollywood putting on American accents.

Yeah what is it with Aussie actors that go to Hollywood, most of them seem to adopt an American accent very quickly.[/QUOTE]

Because they probably find more work as US good guys. The UK ones keep their accent and get the 'baddie' roles. However, can't say that I've noticed the Aussie ones have lost their accent, maybe I just don't care enough.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seasider
Um, to get work?
I mean after they have finished filming they seem to speak with an American accent in normal life. Brits who play Americans revert back to there British accent after filming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.