Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Time to arm UK patrol cops

Time to arm UK patrol cops

Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time to arm UK patrol cops

2 policewomen needlessly executed by a total waste of DNA. If they had been armed (and trained), they might have had a chance at dropping this ******.

Having unarmed patrol cops is not working and is a quaint idea from a time long past and has not made the UK a safer place. Some of the most liberal, nanny state, low crime Scandinavian countries have armed police.

Arm them, train them, let them defend themselves and the community because as it stands now the system is a joke.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to arm UK patrol cops

Yes, throw guns at the problem
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
damn straight
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
2 policewomen needlessly executed by a total waste of DNA. If they had been armed (and trained), they might have had a chance at dropping this ******.

Having unarmed patrol cops is not working and is a quaint idea from a time long past and has not made the UK a safer place. Some of the most liberal, nanny state, low crime Scandinavian countries have armed police.

Arm them, train them, let them defend themselves and the community because as it stands now the system is a joke.
I agree, unfortunately most cops in the UK do not
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Easy to say, when your not on the receiving end
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Easy to say, when your not on the receiving end
Does your second post contradict your first one?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Does your second post contradict your first one?
Why would it?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Why would it?
Looked like you took both sides. My comment was sarcastic. I don't believe guns are the answer. But you said that police generally aren't in favour of them either, and then say it's easy for me to say what I did.

My head hurts.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Looked like you took both sides. My comment was sarcastic. I don't believe guns are the answer. But you said that police generally aren't in favour of them either, and then say it's easy for me to say what I did.

My head hurts.
to be honest, guns aren't 'the answer', but I believe police have a right to defend themselves...I do not have an issue with arming UK police.

it can be done without undue heartache, or a loss of some currency... I feel. They've dropped the long tunics, the helmet etc - patrol cops could be armed. Maybe village beat officers could choose to leave the weapon behind.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

My head hurts.
I'm not a big fan of guns either, but think that maybe the time has come to persuade the UK police, that they can do a better job of protecting themselves and the public if they were armed.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not a big fan of guns either, but think that maybe the time has come to persuade the UK police, that they can do a better job of protecting themselves and the public if they were armed.
Guns would put too much responsibility into the hands of the police and might cause outrage is the media report possible misuse of them. Lethal weapons are not the answer.

Plus, a gun doesn't guarantee your protection from another gun.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Guns would put too much responsibility into the hands of the police and might cause outrage is the media report possible misuse of them. Lethal weapons are not the answer.

Plus, a gun doesn't guarantee your protection from another gun.

No, but if faced with one, you'd rather have a gun than not, surely?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

[/B]

No, but if faced with one, you'd rather have a gun than not, surely?
I'd rather have some defence, definitely. But does it have to be a lethal weapon?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

I'd rather have some defence, definitely. But does it have to be a lethal weapon?
Not always, but if it's a gun, or even a knife, I'd think you're better to have that option, than not.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Not always, but if it's a gun, or even a knife, I'd think you're better to have that option, than not.
Yes but my point is, it's easy to throw a gun at the problem instead of actually having the discussion of what the better non lethal option is.

Imagine if you were a police officer and tomorrow you were told that it is a requirement for you to carry a gun from now on. Would that be fair, going by your comment that they don't seem to want them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.