Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tiger Airlines cancellations...

Wikiposts

Tiger Airlines cancellations...

Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tiger Airlines cancellations...

What happens if they cancel your flight on a standard cheap ticket.... do you get the option to go another day ? Plus if you miss out on the return trip because you didnt get on the proposed rescheduled plane for that day... do you miss out on a refund for that ?

Advice please.

I dont like reading small print

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 8th 2011 at 5:20 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:33 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Tiger Airlines cancellations...

In the event that your Tiger Airways flight is cancelled we will reschedule you on the next available Tiger Airways flight, free of charge.

Tiger Airways does not compensate, reimburse or provide tickets for travel on other airlines and takes no responsibility whatsoever should a cancellation cause you to miss a connection to another flight.

If your flight is rescheduled before the date of travel, and departs more than four hours before or after the original departure time, then you will be entitled to a travel credit or full refund of the unused part of your reservation if the alternative flight/s offered are not acceptable to you and you do not wish to travel.

This is provided you notify Tiger Airways more than four (4) hours prior to the Scheduled Departure Time of your flight.

Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:34 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What happens if they cancel your flight on a standard cheap ticket.... do you get the option to go another day ? Plus if you miss out on the return trip because you didnt get on the proposed rescheduled plane for that day... do you miss out on a refund for that ?

Advice please.

I dont like reading small print
Yes you can go another day, bear in mind this might be 2 days later depending on the route. Not sure what you mean in the second part...do you mean if you have to go for 5 days and so you stay longer than your original return date? Yes, I think they may extend the validity of your ticket. And you can get a refund.

One thing I don't think they'd do though is accomodate you on another airline.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes you can go another day, bear in mind this might be 2 days later depending on the route. Not sure what you mean in the second part...do you mean if you have to go for 5 days and so you stay longer than your original return date? Yes, I think they may extend the validity of your ticket. And you can get a refund.

One thing I don't think they'd do though is accomodate you on another airline.
No I mean If I dont go, because a rescheduled flight is too late for a football match, then do I lose the return legs flight ? Looks like I do lose it to me. Damn...

At least I can use the flight credit for another game on the outwards portion.

Dont think I'll book with Tiger again... not for time sensitive things like football matches anyway.

Stuffed If I'm going with only 40 mins to get to the bloody game... Bollllloxxxxx to erm. Wheres me pub time. Stuff it... f....ing bastewrards.....

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 8th 2011 at 5:43 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:42 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

If the return flight is booked on the same ticket then you'll get the refund. If you booked the 2 separately you'll not get a refund for the second flight.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bcworld
If the return flight is booked on the same ticket then you'll get the refund. If you booked the 2 separately you'll not get a refund for the second flight.
XXX OOO XXX

Thanks BC.... Looks like I get another trip out of them... I bet there are some hefty rescheduling fees involved ?

I take it the one confirmation number is sufficient ?