Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A Thread For Those Who Are No Longer With Us This Christmas

A Thread For Those Who Are No Longer With Us This Christmas

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 11:59 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Thread For Those Who Are No Longer With Us This Christmas

Last Christmas Eve a great mate of mine from school died in a stupid prank. He was only 29. I hadn’t seen him in years and didn’t even find out he was dead until after the funeral. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I haven’t spoken to any of our old mates about it and given tomorrow is a year on, I just wanted to remember him.

Please feel free to add anyone you’re missing this year. This isn’t intended to put a downer on anyone’s Christmas but will hopefully let you say what you’re thinking and then get on with having a great Christmas.

So, Martyn, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, I hope you’re having as much fun there as we used to have here.

Thinking of you mate,

Paul.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:09 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: A Thread For Those Who Are No Longer With Us This Christmas

Originally Posted by diddy
Last Christmas Eve a great mate of mine from school died in a stupid prank. He was only 29. I hadn’t seen him in years and didn’t even find out he was dead until after the funeral. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I haven’t spoken to any of our old mates about it and given tomorrow is a year on, I just wanted to remember him.

Please feel free to add anyone you’re missing this year. This isn’t intended to put a downer on anyone’s Christmas but will hopefully let you say what you’re thinking and then get on with having a great Christmas.

So, Martyn, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, I hope you’re having as much fun there as we used to have here.

Thinking of you mate,

Paul.
Great idea Paul.
We have 3 very close people who will be very sadly missed this Christmas.
Each one has been a big shock.
Always in our thoughts.
B
C
M

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:18 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking of you mate,

Paul.
Hi Paul I'll be thinking of your friend along with one of mine. I was with Debbie when she passed away 4 weeks ago, she'd been battling the big C for 5 yrs...plus my darling Mum and Dad who left us a few yrs ago...Christmas can be a sad old time but then we have lots of happy memories of our loved ones. Thanks for your post....I'll certainly raise my glass to all our loved ones who have taken another path....cheers and all the best
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

As well as everyone else's friends/family I want to remember my Mum who died almost 3 years ago now & my Dad who died on xmas day 25 years ago this year.

We never forget .......
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I find this part of Christmas incredibly difficult as my Dad died nearly 9 yrs ago and this was his favourite time of the year. I miss him every day but miss him most around Christmas.

Dad....Love you!!

Hels
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

good thread paul!

for my gran.... who died on october 24th this year, aged 79

and my mum... who died of heart failure on december 12th 2001, aged 51.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

a nice thought Paul, thankyou.

For my dad, and my other close relatives who've passed over, and specially for my angel baby, a piece of my heart went with you,

love always and forever
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 1:41 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

for my mum who died 29th Nov 1992 aged 54 and my dad who died 10 months later of a broken heart at the age of 59.

love you guys, and we still have a laugh when we think about how hard it would have been to get mum on a plane to come over here....she wouldnt even walk up stairs that had a gap inbetween lmao

Last edited by biggy; Dec 23rd 2005 at 2:14 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

For me it'll be our first son Thomas, who left us in October 1989 aged 3 months ...

RIP lil fella ... see you again one day! ...
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 2:26 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Harley. Wherever you are my sweet little girl. Nanna thinks about you everyday.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gedge]Great idea Paul.
We have 3 very close people who will be very sadly missed this Christmas.
Each one has been a big shock.
Always in our thoughts.
B
C
M

For my mum, my friend Kevin and baby Oliver XX
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 3:10 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading the above thinking it was a nice touch but doesn't affect me even though I lost my brother 4 years ago. I was thinking I have put it behind me and moved on with my life through necessity.

Then I read more and more posts and Knocking on Heavens Door was the next song on my Guns'n'Roses CD and I burst into tears thinking about how much he loved my daughter and how proud he would have been of us for moving to the other side of the world and starting again.

Miss you Neil.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 5:31 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this thread, Paul. I'm sure many of us are missing loved ones, but appreciate the chance to add their names here.

I shall be missing my beloved mum who died 19th January 2000. Nearly six years but it feels like yesterday. And hurts every bit as much too.

Sue
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 6:00 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

These past few weeks I have heard so many tragic events from friends and other people and this morning I was lying in bed thinking about how all the people left behind must feel. I have been watching programmes about the Tsunami and how this 1yr has passed and still 50,000 bodies haven't been found.It must be so hard for people to have closure on this tragedy. The tears just flowed watching it again.

So I would like to give some thought to all those lives lost and the poor families who will be spending their first Christmas without so many loved ones. Lots of light and love to them.

For me...
My dad died 7th dec many years ago in a car crash. I have been without him more years than with him.!! still missed and greatly loved.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 6:32 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you mate,

Paul.
nice touch mate!
merry xmas mum
All is Well

Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Pray, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner.

All is well.

i know she still reads my posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.