Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A Thread For Those Who Are No Longer With Us This Christmas

A Thread For Those Who Are No Longer With Us This Christmas

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Thread For Those Who Are No Longer With Us This Christmas

My Dad dies 14 years ago and I miss him more than ever but I know that he would have been proud of me for making the move to Australia to give my family the chance of a better life.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:23 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be thinking of our friend who died in the Tsunami along with his girlfriend and she has not yet been found.

A close friend's mum who died last night.

Most of all my mum who died 16 years ago and who was my best friend as well as my mum.

I won't be online now until after Christmas and I want to wish everyone a Happy Xmas wherever you are.

Love Suzy xx
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:24 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Kerry(aged 15) .You would've loved coming to Australia to see me and Dad.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

my fantastic uncle john, who supported us so much on our decision to emigrate. He sadly took his own life in march this year. He had planned to visit us next year he would have loved it here, it breaks my heart that hes gone but i know hes watching over us - happy christmas johnny x
and one of my best friends Annie who died suddenly in may.
lucy
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for this thread.

I will remember my 1st baby, Harry, who was stillborn last March. We love you little man and think about you every day.

Katie
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

To my Mum and Dad who both died from Cancer.

My dad aged 48 in 1999 / My Mum and best friend aged 51 in 2004.

I miss you both every day.

Wendy x
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:09 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of all those who have touched my life in some way or another. It made me who I am today....Thanks x

Ginny
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:56 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

To my Mom (26th Jan 2004 aged 62) my best friend

Miss you every single day .... and always will xxxx
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 1:15 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

thinking of :
my dad who died december 12 1998 age 65
grandad who died april 30th 2000 age 89 1/2
my brother who died october 20th 2002 age 44
all sudden deaths too

my grandad used to laugh at himself. i remember one xmas when he giggled as he was eating his dinner....haha he said..ive just spent 2 minutes trying to eat that on my plate ..ive just realised its part of the pattern...pmsl
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 1:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My friend Neil, we went through high school together, dating each other's friends, telling each other our problems. He was killed in an accident 20 years ago, while at university. Taught me to love cricket, to love good rock music, and to love life.
My best mate's parents, both in their 40s, died of cancer - his dad left this world the same month I emigrated.
And my dear friend Michael, a depressive alcoholic who finally could cope with life no longer and committed suicide just over 2 years ago. He wanted me to get to Australia, it meant so much to him as he loved his adopted country so much. Sadly he passed away 5 weeks before I got here - at least he knew I had my visa and was on my way.
RIP - I miss you all - thanks for what you gave me.

=================================

And lets not forget Bundymum, whose courage inspired many of us in different ways, and whose fight for life has been closely followed on this forum.
---------------------------------------------------

Have no fear for me when I fly by night
For I may wander freely with the stars
And taste the wild intoxication of heaven
Have no fear for me in the wind and rain
For I am one with the sky and the racing clouds for ever.

I know that in an hour begrudged of time
My spirit, whirling through the skies,
May come to rest upon the edge of darkness;
But have no fear for me, for waking
I shall discover the brightness of eternity

(Suzy Moss - "Pilot")
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 1:50 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

My Dad, 28th of July 1927 to 14th of January 1988.

My Mum, 23rd of August 1926 to 25th of April, (ANZAC Day) 2001.

Thinking of you both always, but even more at this time of year.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 3:17 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

To someone very close to me who passed away earlier this year.

(nice thread)
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking of my Dad (the daft sod ), my beloved nan "Alice" and my very special friend who died in his prime - Umberto Giannini - think about you all the time mate - nobody comes close to you you will always be my Hairdresser of the Year my little Italian friend who was always up for a pizza
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:10 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

will be thinking of my dad who passed away nearly 20 yrs ago, and my dear friend who lost both her 2 children and partner in the Tsunami, just dont know how shes found the strength to carry on.

P
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:13 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

ma wee maw.
wee status.

oh and biggy. u nearly brought a tear to my eye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.