Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For those who don't get Perth...

Wikiposts

For those who don't get Perth...

Old May 13th 2008, 11:59 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those who don't get Perth...

... what exactly is it missing for you? I honestly don't get it. It has dozens of bars when I go out after work on a Friday. Subi Oval, Members Equity, WACA takes care of the sports. Burswood, ME, Challenge Stadium for gigs...

What else do you want Perth to have?
Old May 14th 2008, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those who don't get Perth...

Originally Posted by worzel
... what exactly is it missing for you? I honestly don't get it. It has dozens of bars when I go out after work on a Friday. Subi Oval, Members Equity, WACA takes care of the sports. Burswood, ME, Challenge Stadium for gigs...

Other cities nearby perhaps.

Not to be the remotest city in the world.

Less sandstorms in the afternoons was quoted to me by a Perth guy explaining why he moved to Melbourne.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:35 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Other cities nearby perhaps.

Not to be the remotest city in the world.

Less sandstorms in the afternoons was quoted to me by a Perth guy explaining why he moved to Melbourne.
I don't want to appear ungrateful for the reply but I was thinking more of the people who live (or lived here).

The distance thing was a worry for me before I got here but it hasn't been an issue. I have been to Melly 4 times with work and flown to the Pilbara half a dozen times, though.

Not sure I get the point about sandstorms You can get a bit sandblasted on the beach but I haven't been to the beach since Xmas Day.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

... what exactly is it missing for you?
There's a Lions Lookout at Lemurdie but it's a con.
No farking zebras to be seen for miles.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:39 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Bix
Quokkas are easy to catch but you would need a few for a meal
Old May 14th 2008, 12:39 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Old May 14th 2008, 1:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A proper rectangular stadium for rugby, football etc. Subi Oval is a dump.
The WACA to be redeveloped.
More cheap flights to Asia. Tiger now has 2 flights a day to Singapore but more would be good.
A better airport with a rail link.
The Great Eastern Highway to be upgraded.
The foreshore development. Bigger than is planned and now - not in 2012.
More coastal development in the Western and Northern suburbs - as long as they don't f**k it up like the Gold Coast.
Scarborough and Hillarys boat harbour to be nuked and started again.

Not much really.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:25 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Some of us don't mind the place really but a few changes would be welcome. More boutique everything - cafes, restaurants, shops, hotels.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

A decent 'lads' night out
Old May 14th 2008, 1:29 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A proper rectangular stadium for rugby, football etc. Subi Oval is a dump.
The WACA to be redeveloped.
More cheap flights to Asia. Tiger now has 2 flights a day to Singapore but more would be good.
A better airport with a rail link.
The Great Eastern Highway to be upgraded.
The foreshore development. Bigger than is planned and now - not in 2012.
More coastal development in the Western and Northern suburbs - as long as they don't f**k it up like the Gold Coast.
Scarborough and Hillarys boat harbour to be nuked and started again.

Not much really.
You're not allowed to comment. You like it here.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:29 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Some of us don't mind the place really but a few changes would be welcome. More boutique everything - cafes, restaurants, shops, hotels.
What does "boutique" mean exactly. Small and expensive?
Old May 14th 2008, 1:30 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by eddie007
A decent 'lads' night out
I am out on Friday if you want to meet up. Beer is compulsory but lapdances are optional
Old May 14th 2008, 1:31 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

What does "boutique" mean exactly. Small and expensive?

No!!!! It means not run by a big chain so it has an individual feel to it.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm good for friday, after all I AM unemployed... Do you know somewhere that serves decent beer?

I prefer pole dancers...
Old May 14th 2008, 1:35 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
No!!!! It means not run by a big chain so it has an individual feel to it.
Ah! Now who was it posted earlier about entrepeneurial opportunities in Perth?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.