Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

to those that are leaving the UK........

Wikiposts

to those that are leaving the UK........

Old Dec 4th 2006, 12:38 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default to those that are leaving the UK........

.......and moving overseas.

i wish i had made a list of the reasons why we were leaving the UK; the things that we were so excited about in moving overseas; the things that p#ss@d us off in the UK etc etc (you get the picture ).

i lay in bed last night, desperatly trying to remember why we left the UK. we hadnt fallen out with it (well, not really). i just needed to get the óh so quaint england' thoughts out of my head. saw the programme about the aussie living amongst the barmay army last night, saw where he lived (in lincolnshire), saw the typical english scenes so readily portrayed on television. got my christmas cards off my family in england yesterday......and felt very low. i was trying to get the negative thoughts out of my head, and try to remember the crap stuff about britain........and couldnt :scared:

so, i wish i had made a list, as we went along on our merry 18 month wait to get our visa to go to australia, of all the things we came up with, amd what made us feel so excited about going, just so that i could have kept it, and got the list back out in my days of doom and gloom.

also, there are far too many negative threads on here, about people wanting to move back, etc. there seems to be loads. i shouldnt really go into them and read them, but i do, and it makes me feel worse.

so, also last night whilst in bed, with tears not far away, i have made the decision to stay away from BE for a wee while, and get christmas out of the way, with all the emotional thoughts that come with this time of year. i might have a peep in every now and again (especially to see if anyone has got any ashes tickets for sydney going ), but wont be posting.

......i probably wont be missed , and no, this isnt another áttention seeking thread'. just letting some people know, rather than pm ing them.

MAKE THAT LIST NOW!!!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: to those that are leaving the UK........

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty

i wish i had made a list of the reasons why we were leaving the UK; the things that we were so excited about in moving overseas; the things that p#ss@d us off in the UK etc etc

i lay in bed last night, desperatly trying to remember why we left the UK. we hadnt fallen out with it (well, not really). i just needed to get the óh so quaint england' thoughts out of my head. saw the programme about the aussie living amongst the barmay army last night, saw where he lived (in lincolnshire), saw the typical english scenes so readily portrayed on television. got my christmas cards off my family in england yesterday......and felt very low. i was trying to get the negative thoughts out of my head, and try to remember the crap stuff about britain........and couldnt

so, i wish i had made a list, as we went along on our merry 18 month wait to get our visa to go to australia, of all the things we came up with, amd what made us feel so excited about going, just so that i could have kept it, and got the list back out in my days of doom and gloom.

also, there are far too many negative threads on here, about people wanting to move back, etc. there seems to be loads. i shouldnt really go into them and read them, but i do, and it makes me feel worse.

so, also last night whilst in bed, with tears not far away, i have made the decision to stay away from BE for a wee while, and get christmas out of the way, with all the emotional thoughts that come with this time of year. i might have a peep in every now and again (especially to see if anyone has got any ashes tickets for sydney going ), but wont be posting.

......i probably wont be missed , and no, this isnt another áttention seeking thread'. just letting some people know, rather than pm ing them.

MAKE THAT LIST NOW!!!!!!

Read your old posts, , you might have done one of those my chav/polish neighbours have just stolen/raped my husband/cat, the weather is raining/freezing, the kids havent been outside in 7/11 years. My car/letter box has just been attacked by a bunch of yobs, I've just paid my rates/electricity boy will I be glad when I move to Oz and dont have bills anymore. Its caused me to eat/smoke and when I move to OZ I am looking forward to being slim/health freak, to top it off my husband has just farted/argued with me and boy oh boy am I looking forward to him turning into a bronzed beach hunk.

Cheer up

Last edited by jad n rich; Dec 4th 2006 at 1:01 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'll miss you mate.

If you need to have a moan you know how to PM me

Chin up, it gets easier once you start making friends.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:25 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Read your old posts, , you might have done one of those my chav/polish neighbours have just stolen/raped my husband/cat, the weather is raining/freezing, the kids havent been outside in 7/11 years. My car/letter box has just been attacked by a bunch of yobs, I've just paid my rates/electricity boy will I be glad when I move to Oz and dont have bills anymore. Its caused me to eat/smoke and when I move to OZ I am looking forward to being slim/health freak, to top it off my husband has just farted/argued with me and boy oh boy am I looking forward to him turning into a bronzed beach hunk.

Cheer up

.........cant remember doing any of those threads, but will have a look.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheer up
LMFoa but it's so true....trust your instincts....
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:28 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well I'll miss you mate.

If you need to have a moan you know how to PM me

Chin up, it gets easier once you start making friends.
thanks honey. i have made a couple of friends, and ive still got a smile on my face. just dont need negative stuff added onto some of the days

you take care, will be lurking dont worry.
xx
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:28 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

All the best! Have a great Christmas & hopefully we'll see you again soon!

I am up and down like en elbow at the moment with emotions! (and I have only been here 9 days now) And my family are here..... sheesh!

I did ask my OH yesterday, why the heck I had wanted to move back to OZ and how come I had knowingly worn the rose tinted glasses....

But baby steps....each day, will get easier (I hope)!

Anyway all the best to you and your family

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:29 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
All the best! Have a great Christmas & hopefully we'll see you again soon!

I am up and down like en elbow at the moment with emotions! (and I have only been here 9 days now) And my family are here..... sheesh!

I did ask my OH yesterday, why the heck I had wanted to move back to OZ and how come I had knowingly worn the rose tinted glasses....

But baby steps....each day, will get easier (I hope)!

Anyway all the best to you and your family

Merry Christmas!
....and a very merry christmas to you and yours as well.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:31 pm
Never going back

..............nobody has mentioned my idea???

does nobody think its a good idea, or is it just a load of twaddle

<<<<<<<<<shrugs shoulders>>>>>>>>>>> maybe i should have kept it to myself.....he he...........losing her marbles now.....
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Cheer up
Old Dec 4th 2006, 2:36 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

..............nobody has mentioned my idea???

does nobody think its a good idea, or is it just a load of twaddle

<<<<<<<<<shrugs shoulders>>>>>>>>>>> maybe i should have kept it to myself.....he he...........losing her marbles now.....
No, it is a brilliant idea! I might think of some reasons why I wanted to leave, to comfort me when I wake up at 2am and cannot get back to sleep!

Mind you, the thought of 'Our stuff doesn't arrive till mid jan and we have no money to go back anyway' gets me through (somewhat)
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

!
There aren't any more negative posts than there are normally. You are just looking for them because you are feeling down, unfortunately I think they can bring you down more You then find negatives even when it's a positive post - the brain can play funny tricks on you.

Take time out, enjoy christmas as something different, do different things, don't think about the idealised christmas scene you imagine is happening in the UK and come the new year come back refreshed.

Yuo are feeling sorry for yourself for whatever reason. That will only get better if you look for the positives of the country, not try and make up negatives about the UK. Personally speaking, there aren't many
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:13 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: to those that are leaving the UK........

i lay in bed last night, desperatly trying to remember why we left the UK. we hadnt fallen out with it (well, not really). i just needed to get the óh so quaint england' thoughts out of my head. saw the programme about the aussie living amongst the barmay army last night, saw where he lived (in lincolnshire), saw the typical english scenes so readily portrayed on television. got my christmas cards off my family in england yesterday......and felt very low.
Just remember that "quainte Olde England" is not the reality for the vast majority of Brits, in the same way that "4-bed, 2-bath with a quarter-acre block and a swimming pool" is not the reality for the vast majority of Australians.

I hope you benefit from your break. Take it easy, and try not to worry too much.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:40 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Aw another one going

Christmas is bound to be strange and make you feel homesick, it's a time when families get together and that can be hard if you're the other side of the world. Just make the best of your celebrations, do something really special and push the boat out

I haven't made a list for reasons that we're leaving the UK because there aren't any major reasons. I do love England but feel that we're ready for a new chapter in our lives. We want an adventure and we want to do something more with our lives. We could no doubt do something here but we want to go to Oz; we like what it appears to offer; the outdoor lifestyle; the no nonsense attitude. We've got very settled and cosy here - we want to shake things up a bit and give ourselves a kick up the backside

Hope you have a fantastic Christmas and New Year and that you'll be feeling upbeat again soon

Kath xx
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:53 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

i wish i had made a list of the reasons why we were leaving the UK; the things that we were so excited about in moving overseas; the things that p#ss@d us off in the UK etc etc (you get the picture ).

i lay in bed last night, desperatly trying to remember why we left the UK. we hadnt fallen out with it (well, not really). i just needed to get the óh so quaint england' thoughts out of my head. saw the programme about the aussie living amongst the barmay army last night, saw where he lived (in lincolnshire), saw the typical english scenes so readily portrayed on television. got my christmas cards off my family in england yesterday......and felt very low. i was trying to get the negative thoughts out of my head, and try to remember the crap stuff about britain........and couldnt

MAKE THAT LIST NOW!!!!!!

I'm with you on all of the above! We've been here 8 months now and I've never suffered with homesickness but last week I wrote Christmas cards to my UK family and cried my eyes out. I am dreading it this year but I'm just gonna keep myself busy and enjoy it for what it is - Christmas in the sun! We're going to a friends for Christmas dinner and we're hoping to go camping between Christmas and New Year

The list is a great idea by the way!

Whereabouts in NSW are you? I'm in Richmond and theres a load of us POMs here! I've also been lucky enough to find some great Aussie friends too.

Take care

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.