Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Those bloody Alfa Romeo ads

Those bloody Alfa Romeo ads

Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Those bloody Alfa Romeo ads

I am seriously going to have to punch the TV screen next time I see one of those bloody ads. Stuck up bitch in the lift telling her stalker and just ****ed d-bag telling her roommate it's not a car...it's an Alfa Romeo. FFS it's an economy piece of shite!

This just may be my wake up call to ditch commercial television and just start downloading programs from t'internet.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those bloody Alfa Romeo ads

I agree. An Alfa once had the temerity to run into the back of my cavalier's towbar. The Alfa was totalled- exploded all over the road like the plastic cr*p it was. My towbar wasn't marked!

Most car ads are irritating- the ones for the Suzukis driven by the ugly twins from The Block annoy me too. However it is the car insurance ones that make me want to throw a brick through the screen!
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I agree. An Alfa once had the temerity to run into the back of my cavalier's towbar. The Alfa was totalled- exploded all over the road like the plastic cr*p it was. My towbar wasn't marked!

Most car ads are irritating- the ones for the Suzukis driven by the ugly twins from The Block annoy me too. However it is the car insurance ones that make me want to throw a brick through the screen!
I had a car run into the back of my car, tow bar fitted, my car, not a scratch, theirs.. well there was steam coming from the radiator, and the bumper was a 'bit bent'. Always had a tow bar fitted asfter that, even though I was unlikelt to use it for its correct use, but as a damage saver they are great..
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:51 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

All car ads are shite ... You bought a Jeep? You stupid cow, I want a divorce you air-headed gullible bint!

You bought a new one? You stupid bitch, so we are going to wear the depreciation?

I'm going to shag the secretary, at least she doesn't piss money up the wall AND she drives an ancient Nissan Pulsar.

That ad will never get made, obviously ...

Last edited by DeadVim; Jul 21st 2013 at 12:18 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

Nothing could be more annoying that the Instyler hair curling / straightening ads.

Dumb slack jawed bogan slag with no intelligence shining out of those eyes like some sort of domestic cattle: "I swear that since I bought my Instaaaaler Ive thrown away my flat aaarn, my curling aaarn, .."

Then that shrieking woman's cockney voice straight out of a 1950s Carry on film... The Yank agency probably thinks that's Australian accent.

TV.. Brick....
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike at Taree
Nothing could be more annoying that the Instyler hair curling / straightening ads.

Dumb slack jawed bogan slag with no intelligence shining out of those eyes like some sort of domestic cattle: "I swear that since I bought my Instaaaaler Ive thrown away my flat aaarn, my curling aaarn, .."

Then that shrieking woman's cockney voice straight out of a 1950s Carry on film... The Yank agency probably thinks that's Australian accent.

TV.. Brick....
I hate new cars, especially econo boxes completely lacking in on road whatsits.
I do quite like Alfa exhaust notes....
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice

Then that shrieking woman's cockney voice straight out of a 1950s Carry on film...

Is that the awful one who does the Roomba ad, every bloody morning on Channel 7 it may not be as I think she comes from up north, but yeah, they all are enough to make you want to smash your tv in
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 2:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Do as I do and don't watch commercial TV

I don't do TV ads
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Do as I do and don't watch commercial TV

I don't do TV ads
That's why we discontinued Foxtel when we moved here. $100 a month for 40 channels of nothing worth watching and ads every ten seconds. Pfutttt.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Just refer to the Outlander ad

I JUST DONT CARE

Just think of the fun that can be had for comical recreations

You got the clap, Hey everyone XXX got the clap.

Hey are you Size impaired? Don't worry you can compensate in a BEMA

For all those zippy little Suzuki ads - now look when occupied with 5 normal sized blokes, driving up hill, with boot full of golf clubs etc
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike at Taree
That's why we discontinued Foxtel when we moved here. $100 a month for 40 channels of nothing worth watching and ads every ten seconds. Pfutttt.
Also dumped Foxtel - I do miss the rugby and cricket from SA though

We watch ABC, BBC iplayer (plus other streaming services) and downloads

Maybe half an hour of 7,9,10 a week now and again

Australian commercial TV is dire - easily the worst in the western world. The contempt that these stations show for their customers is breathtaking
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:35 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
This just may be my wake up call to ditch commercial television and just start downloading programs from t'internet.
We did this within days of moving to Australia. You won't regret it.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:36 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The contempt that these stations show for their customers is breathtaking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m7recXsEKo

Look at the shiny shiny!
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I used to laugh at the old car ads in the 1980, especially Datsun Bluebird where they had tiny models (I'd guess four foot eleven max in their stockinged feet) to make the cars look really spacious inside.

Completely off topic but look at ads for eyewear stores (Specsavers etc). All the models have lower faces built like horses to negate the "four-eyes weakling" effect and they all have absolutely identical noses.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:40 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
All car ads are shite ... You bought a Jeep? You stupid cow, I want a divorce you air-headed gullible bint!

You bought a new one? You stupid bitch, so we are going to wear the depreciation?

I'm going to shag the secretary, at least she doesn't piss money up the wall AND she drives an ancient Nissan Pulsar.

That ad will never get made, obviously ...
Husband drives a 12 year old Nissan Pulsar and loves it It would run on an oily rag as my brother says, so cheap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.