Thinking of you PP

Old Jul 26th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of you PP

Really sorry to hear this news PP,Just read your post and nearly cried myself!Will say some prayers for you both,and we're all here for you,you're not alone ok?Take care and lots of Love xxxxx
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:42 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive just found this thead and Im bloody crying my eyes out - something Ive been doing so much lately.

Sandra lent me her gas heater, Ive been so cold this week and didnt want Mr PP to come home to a cold house. Ive had a bad week of emotions and unable to be comfortable due to the low temperatures.

Last week he was told if he developed any more blood clots (he has two - one in each lung due to 7/8 broken ribs) then 'he might not make it'.

All I know is that it is hard as he doesnt have a mark on his face, its hard for me to accept this, he has alot of other injuries (see blog) and I go home each night waiting for a phone call.

Not having a car is hard because it takes me two buses to get to the hospital and I am normally so organised yet I am totally falling apart. I have been having counselling and she says everything I am thinking/feeling is normal, how can it be normal when it hurts so much?

They just keep finding things wrong - there is something with his adrenal gland now

My house is cold without him, nothing matters - nothing at all. And no, I dont miss family as he has had excellent care in hospital and at the end of the day it isnt family that save his life, its the hospital and the medical care received and thats all that counts to me.

I feel totally useless and extremely lost and when I go to bed at night, I feel even more lonely.

I have got some fantastic friends here - Sandra lending me her heater, my God its nice not to be cold. Aussie friends/English friends/Scottish friends - the support has been brilliant.

My bloody bathroom roof is leaking (tiles I think), I know bugger all about tiles. I spend all day at the hospital and my house is a mess and I cant seem to organise myself. I know I need to take care of myself, but its so hard.

I want him back, I miss him and cannot believe that in a split second how much our lives have changed.

He must have been so scared trapped in that car for 40 mins, he vaguely remembers someone saying 'Ive got a pulse' and hes lost his memory after that.

God this hurts, 'that phonecall' is something that plays and replays in my mind and I dont think I will ever forget it.
Best wishes to you PP, I am really hoping that your husband makes a speedy recovery. He will be getting the best possible treatment, so lets hope that once he is through this bad patch, he'll be home before too long and then back on his feet.

Perhaps there is someone on BE in Perth who might know something about leaky tiles, to help you out.

Try and get some good food into you. Looking after yourself is important and might not make you feel better but it will give you more strength to cope at this difficult time.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

You know I had the 'phone call' with my eldest son so I know what you're going through - much love to you both and if you need anything just shout.
S xx
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:57 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my Goodness, what shocking news....I didn't know. Stay strong Sam and keep those lovely friends close.

Jan x
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:59 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

The messages of support I have received from people on here have made me cry (becoming a habit).

I cant thank you enough for these messages and I have read them to Mr PP on the phone just now.

Mr PP has had a good night, he was sick again after we left last night but had a good sleep and his oxygen levels have crept back up.

Doctors were going to let him out today but after yesterday, decided to keep him in and providing everything is OK, he will be out tomorrow afternoon.

I am trying to make a list of what needs doing and its amazing how hard it is when you cant concentrate.

My bloody puppy sliced his pad open whilst digging a 4ft hole the other day (yes 4ft!), it was very deep and he wont keep a dressing on and certainly not sutures. I feel sorry for him as he is out during the day as I am at the hospital so I might try and keep him in the bathroom today when I go up to avoid making his paw worse.

I will have to do the housework - god its a shithole! I havent hoovered all week, I need to make it dust free as Mr PP has broken 7/8 ribs, they are broken in more than one place so I dont want him sneezing.

I have to do the washing, change the bedding etc.

Go to the bank and discuss mortgage holidays and other stuff.

Anyway, if he remains good today I might be able to take him home tomorrow arvo.

My god I cant believe how quickly someones condition can change, Doctors told him on Friday he is a lucky man.

One thing is certain, I shall never take him for granted ever again, or anything for that matter.

It will be a long haul, 8 weeks of work, an MRI scan in 6 weeks on his kidneys, weekly blood tests/docs visits (hope to god they bulk bill), counselling sessions for the pair of us, Mr PP isnt ready to communicate yet as his memory has gone. Police statement - how they will do that with him having no memory is beyond me, insurance claims - I feel nervous thinking about it.

Thank you again for this thread and the messages, it has given me a real boost.

I have had a PM from someone who has kindly offered to look at my roof for me.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:03 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Aww Sam, only just seen this

I hope you get some help with things at home so you're not having to worry about all this stuff and can just concentrate on Mr PP.

I hope he's home with you soon and that he continues to get better and better.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:06 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Thinking of you PP. Hold on to your strength inside and share it with Mr PP. He'll be fighting for you, with you. Take care. Cx
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:15 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I have realised in this situation? everything is magnified, from the leaky roof to a cut pad (on my puppy).

Nursing staff see him every day, for me personally, I notice every single little change on him, I notice if he looks better or if he looks worse.

People tell me to look after myself, and I am eating but I still have cold sores, swollen bloody glands and I look shite - even though I am eating. Its hard to look after yourself when you are so worried about someone else.

Mr PP said when he is up to it, he is going to have a party to thank everyone that helped us.

He is also not allowed to drink on his warfarin - perhaps one glass

He has to have weekly INR blood tests to check his levels, I think Pathwest bulk bill for this, does anyone know if he has to see a doctor every single week? I wonder if they bulk bill for this?

He is also being referred to the orthopaedics for his broken bones and will probably see the cardio thoracic people as well.

Has anyone been in a similar situation looking after someone who has been ill? Mr PP is an active man and I am worried about him being out of work for 8 weeks and how help him through that (mentally)?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you both,
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Mr PP gets better each day and I know you don't have time to look after yourself(My husband was in an accident a few years ago)but at least know that from reading this thread a lot of people care for you.It seems never ending but you will get through this.Sue.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:58 am

I hate the thought of him driving again and I know that sounds stupid.

Can I tell you this week we have had 5 near misses either going to or from the hospital.

We had one yesterday when some twat undertook us on the Freeway and actually drove on the hard shoulder and almost on the grass so he could overtake us.

I have such anger at the moment I wanted to pull the bastard from his car and smack him. I know he could have a knife or something but you dont think of that when you are that angry.

Our bus did an emergency stop on Friday and I nearly fell onto the woman in front and some guy fell on the floor, all because some woman pulled right out in front of us.

I am terrified of him driving again and I cant help it.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 2:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

All the best to you both.

I hope Mr PP gets well soon.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 2:09 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I have realised in this situation? everything is magnified, from the leaky roof to a cut pad (on my puppy).

Nursing staff see him every day, for me personally, I notice every single little change on him, I notice if he looks better or if he looks worse.

People tell me to look after myself, and I am eating but I still have cold sores, swollen bloody glands and I look shite - even though I am eating. Its hard to look after yourself when you are so worried about someone else.

Mr PP said when he is up to it, he is going to have a party to thank everyone that helped us.

He is also not allowed to drink on his warfarin - perhaps one glass

He has to have weekly INR blood tests to check his levels, I think Pathwest bulk bill for this, does anyone know if he has to see a doctor every single week? I wonder if they bulk bill for this?

He is also being referred to the orthopaedics for his broken bones and will probably see the cardio thoracic people as well.

Has anyone been in a similar situation looking after someone who has been ill? Mr PP is an active man and I am worried about him being out of work for 8 weeks and how help him through that (mentally)?
Hello PP - sorry, i didn't realise what had happened - hope he makes a speedy recovery now.

I know what you mean about looking after someone and looking like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards both my sons have had operarations, one was far more serious than the other and on both occasions i did not eat, so had the cold sores, the furry tongue (yes, did you get that?), my jeans were falling down and they were only a size 10 as it was! I was worried sick and i couldn't sleep either.

I know where you are right now PP. Anyway just wanted to let you know im thinking of you and i'll fill you in on the details on a more personal level if you know what i mean.

Take care.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hello PP - sorry, i didn't realise what had happened - hope he makes a speedy recovery now.

I know what you mean about looking after someone and looking like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards both my sons have had operarations, one was far more serious than the other and on both occasions i did not eat, so had the cold sores, the furry tongue (yes, did you get that?), my jeans were falling down and they were only a size 10 as it was! I was worried sick and i couldn't sleep either.

I know where you are right now PP. Anyway just wanted to let you know im thinking of you and i'll fill you in on the details on a more personal level if you know what i mean.

Take care.
Furry tongue, coldsores, weight loss, bursting into tears at inappropriate moments, sudden feelings of exhaustion where you could sleep on a washing line.

Send me a pm.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 2:35 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I am terrified of him driving again and I cant help it.

When we are hurt by something, our animal instincts tell us to keep away in future. I think that this is a normal healthy reaction.

Your husband will probably be worried about getting back behind the wheel too.

But you should both concentrate on recovery for the time being. As he will be laid up for a while yet, try not to burden yourself with this extra worry. Cross that bridge when you come to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.