Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Thinking of buying a block of land ....

Thinking of buying a block of land ....

Old May 23rd 2009, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

williams0305 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of buying a block of land ....

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
I think that all you need is a signed contract from the builder, dated before June 30th and you're eligible for the grant, so we had better get cracking!

The stamp duty will be $6535 but we have negotiated a $4000 discount with the land because we were cheeky and said it would cost to much for fencing a corner block with the covenants associated to it. So he is giving us some back to do the fencing.

The builder thinks that because it a naturally (almost) flat block it will only need 700ml cut and fill. Pray he is right. Like someone said the soil test will confirm and we will see how much it will cost.

We are looking a build Coral Hamilton on it which we really like the look of. Mind you, with the extras we want to add the price goes up another $50,000 on the base price.
Hi we are also about to build a coral hamilton. Have you started your process yet? I would love to be able to exchange information on how the whole process is going. PM me and I will give you my email. We are in Brisbane and bought in Warner Lakes on a 745 block- going to sign the contract today in aprox 7 minutes!!!!