Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are things really better?

Are things really better?

Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:55 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are things really better?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'm the same. Infact I have a rule that I always tell the caller I am on the train - not loudly - and that I have to keep it quiet and not long. This way people around me know I have considered them from the start and don't need to start whincing and exchanging glances.
Agree, I try and keep my phone on silent and check messages and calls in my time. If the worlds going to end quite frankly I dont really want to know in advance.

I had earlier in my career a manager who used to bully staff to always have their phones on in case he needed to get hold of them. I declined because I could not be bothered frankly and I do take my role as GOD at work seriously. When the p""k tried to make a point of it in front of the team I countered with a desire to give him a wedgie by his own scrotum. He resigned the next day after a brief encounter in the carpark I also found out 2 things: White men can jump (quite high actually) and big men do cry. He found out one thing...... dont f""k with the bosse's daughter's boyfriend.

Any way what I do with my team is text them if I do need to talk and ask them to call or text me when its convenient. And most importantly if they dont call back or reply during their time I dont get upset after all its their time. When you respect that, they respect you.

Lastly dont leave your smart phone on the table at the pub when out on the piss with work
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:03 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Agree, I try and keep my phone on silent and check messages and calls in my time. If the worlds going to end quite frankly I dont really want to know in advance.

I had earlier in my career a manager who used to bully staff to always have their phones on in case he needed to get hold of them. I declined because I could not be bothered frankly and I do take my role as GOD at work seriously. When the p""k tried to make a point of it in front of the team I countered with a desire to give him a wedgie by his own scrotum. He resigned the next day after a brief encounter in the carpark I also found out 2 things: White men can jump (quite high actually) and big men do cry. He found out one thing...... dont f""k with the bosse's daughter's boyfriend.

Any way what I do with my team is text them if I do need to talk and ask them to call or text me when its convenient. And most importantly if they dont call back or reply during their time I dont get upset after all its their time. When you respect that, they respect you.

Lastly dont leave your smart phone on the table at the pub when out on the piss with work
So you had a man fired because you were shagging the bosses daughter and he upset you?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:07 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
So you had a man fired because you were shagging the bosses daughter and he upset you?
He let him live didn't he
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds a fair enough reason
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
He let him live didn't he
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sounds a fair enough reason
Dunno, perhaps it's just me, but it does sound a little bit petty and vindictive.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno, perhaps it's just me, but it does sound a little bit petty and vindictive.
Hmmm I dunno, depends how back he'd upset GG, there ave been times when I would've loved to be able to do something like that - but then I do have a vindictive streak in me!!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:15 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm I dunno, depends how back he'd upset GG, there ave been times when I would've loved to be able to do something like that - but then I do have a vindictive streak in me!!
Who's this vinny and when did he have his steak in you
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:20 am
Home and Happy

Who's this vinny and when did he have his steak in you
Oh didn't I tell you about him? Must have slipped my mind, he was a long time ago
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:25 am
FREE TIBET

Oh didn't I tell you about him? Must have slipped my mind, he was a long time ago
Something was slipped.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:28 am
Home and Happy

Something was slipped.
You been sneaking up on me again to see what I'm up to?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:29 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to be technical he was fired because he was under performing much like your posts

But when you sit as GOD you have to make tough decisions and since your no help on my dilemma of A8 or 740Li ......
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
If you want to be technical he was fired because he was under performing much like your posts

But when you sit as GOD you have to make tough decisions and since your no help on my dilemma of A8 or 740Li ......
You're a joke pal. Threads comparing $200k cars, threads asking for flats in Sydney in the $2-3million bracket, threads about multi-million dollar boats... who are you trying to impress?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:44 am
FREE TIBET

You're a joke pal. Threads comparing $200k cars, threads asking for flats in Sydney in the $2-3million bracket, threads about multi-million dollar boats... who are you trying to impress?
He certainly impressed me when he handed over 2 mill in cash for my boat
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:45 am
Account Closed

He certainly impressed me when he handed over 2 mill in cash for my boat
Six foot row boats, nicked from the park lake, are NOT worth 2 mill.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:46 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Was that THEE Irish guy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.