Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Old Aug 27th 2011, 9:19 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've never heard of a chicken corn stack but why would it have salmon in it?
I have absolutely no idea! It was just wrong. So very very wrong!
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

How about this one.

I was on school ground, walking past a car park to pick up my daughter. At the pedestrian crossing, a 4WD went straight past me without stopping. Then immediately, not-a-car-length behind the the 4WD, a little Mazda did exactly the same. I was shocked but managed to note down the licence plate of the Mazda.

After getting my daughter, I located the Mazda and the driver. I told her she didnt' stop for me, to which she replied, sternly, "I didn't see you."

Me: "But I was at the crossing."
Her: "Like I said, I didn't see you."
Me: "Did you not look?"
Her: "Let me tell you again, I didn't see you. I was already driving under 10km/h."
Me: "So you didn't look to see if anyone was at the crossing?"
Her: "I didn't see you."
Me: "If you hit a child, I didn't see you would not have been enough."

At the point, tired of my nagging, she turned to her friend to talk instead, oblivious to how serious the situation was.

If you don't look, how can you see?????????????

That made me Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr x 1000. Next time I will have an umbrella with me at the crossing to bang on the bonnet of any car that doesn't stop!

Mrs JTL
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
How about this one.

I was on school ground, walking past a car park to pick up my daughter. At the pedestrian crossing, a 4WD went straight past me without stopping. Then immediately, not-a-car-length behind the the 4WD, a little Mazda did exactly the same. I was shocked but managed to note down the licence plate of the Mazda.

After getting my daughter, I located the Mazda and the driver. I told her she didnt' stop for me, to which she replied, sternly, "I didn't see you."

Me: "But I was at the crossing."
Her: "Like I said, I didn't see you."
Me: "Did you not look?"
Her: "Let me tell you again, I didn't see you. I was already driving under 10km/h."
Me: "So you didn't look to see if anyone was at the crossing?"
Her: "I didn't see you."
Me: "If you hit a child, I didn't see you would not have been enough."

At the point, tired of my nagging, she turned to her friend to talk instead, oblivious to how serious the situation was.

If you don't look, how can you see?????????????

That made me Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr x 1000. Next time I will have an umbrella with me at the crossing to bang on the bonnet of any car that doesn't stop!

Mrs JTL
When I see/hear these stories it always reminds me of my neice. She was crossing the street in downtown Toronto when a car went through the crosswalk nearly hitting her. As it went by she kicked the back fender and screamed "I'M WALKING HERE".
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:37 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Just out of morbid curiosity do you use fabric conditioner?

My grrrrr is I'm still awake reading BE at 3.30am!!! I want to sleep
I do use fabric conditioner and I mostly wear cotton items, but hey ho. Its one downside of having an electric personality
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:38 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
I really REALLY hate it when the OH leaves the toilet seat up I tend to show my disgust by flipping it back down again by touching only the lid...no matter what time...day or night ...I'm hoping one day he'll get the message

...but I think that could be another thread entirely
There's a facebook page for you:

The Wet Arse Society

Not that I'm touting for Likes at all
Old Aug 28th 2011, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Eat enough carrots and your skin can turn a 'nice' orange.
Thanks for the tip, I will be in Liverpool in a few weeks, and won't need to apply 'scouser' fake tan!
Old Aug 28th 2011, 6:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

It turns your pee pink you know.
Only if you are missing the enzyme that decolourises it, an heredity thing.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My OH and DD always laugh loudly in the next room but stop as soon as I come in.

Static- I am always getting zapped.

Cyclists who hide behind a car that is turning off by the junction you are trying to pull out of, and so when you start to pull out and see them you are forced to slam on the brakes, or pull out if you don't see them and get verbal abuse as they get close to your bumper.

People who park so you can't get back into your car, and /or who have put a ding into your door when you return.

Dog owners who let their hound crap in your garden.

Dog owners who leave their animal tied up outside all day so it barks from 6:30 am to 8pm.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
People who have no concept of what's going on around them (taking up heaps of room and not realising someone is behind them, being oblivious to their surroundings etc).
massively agree with that. a lack of spatial awareness. really gives me the shits. Especially so when people are walking.

Random ambling U-turns, stopping and thinking about something, congregating in a door frame, pushing prams all over the place (no please, I insist, would you kindly use your precious little "bub" as a battering ram for my ****ing legs), people who walk side by side on narrow paths taking up the whole thing and dont move out of the way for people walking towards them.

Also ACA and TT, and their 5 repeated "its a rort!!" stories make me angry. It makes me more angry that millions of people apparently subscribe to this idiotic bullshit. They are always fairly high up in the TV ratings.

Also brain-dead reality show guff like X Factor, Idol, Bachelor(ette), farmer wants a shag, master chef, renovate, the renovators, renovation man, renovate this, renovate that, strictly come dancing, so you think you can dance... etc

nanny state mentalities also get me going, wherever in the world they occur
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
massively agree with that. a lack of spatial awareness. really gives me the shits. Especially so when people are walking.

Random ambling U-turns, stopping and thinking about something, congregating in a door frame, pushing prams all over the place (no please, I insist, would you kindly use your precious little "bub" as a battering ram for my ****ing legs), people who walk side by side on narrow paths taking up the whole thing and dont move out of the way for people walking towards them.

Also ACA and TT, and their 5 repeated "its a rort!!" stories make me angry. It makes me more angry that millions of people apparently subscribe to this idiotic bullshit. They are always fairly high up in the TV ratings.

Also brain-dead reality show guff like X Factor, Idol, Bachelor(ette), farmer wants a shag, master chef, renovate, the renovators, renovation man, renovate this, renovate that, strictly come dancing, so you think you can dance... etc

You might want to go and have a lie down right now.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Perhaps I should stop shuffling my feet and wearing that blue polyester shell suit I borrowed from LouiseR.
You cheeky bugger!

Mine was pink and purple anyway
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:04 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Think it's more situational awareness than spatial awareness (which is more about skill at avoiding collisions, the point being these people don't even try to avoid collisions).
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:04 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Think it's more situational awareness than spatial awareness (which is more about skill at avoiding collisions, the point being these people don't even try to avoid collisions).
Anywhere in particular spring to mind, Burbage?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the email to say it's time to pay Tiddler's phone bill and finding it over 5 times what it should be. Not happy and she's in trouuuubbbbblllllleeee!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Anything else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.