Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:07 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
The bill for my car service, airconditioning treatment and brake pads- $946.
I was talking to a mechanic the other day and apparently the days of just 're-gassing' an air-con are over, it's all environmental bollocks now.

Our Nissan's air-con is shot and he reckoned upwards of $700 to fix it ... Sod that, I'll drive naked.

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Riding home from work in torrential rain.
Yeh but think of the poor horse.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:12 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim

Yeh but think of the poor horse.
My horse got a flat tyre
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking to a mechanic the other day and apparently the days of just 're-gassing' an air-con are over, it's all environmental bollocks now.

Our Nissan's air-con is shot and he reckoned upwards of $700 to fix it ... Sod that, I'll drive naked.
Maybe it depends on the age of the car? The husband regassed his and it works a treat. Has tried to fix First Born's air con and each time it immediately leaks out - he's tried three different units so far
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:15 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

My horse got a flat tyre
Ah ...

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Maybe it depends on the age of the car? The husband regassed his and it works a treat. Has tried to fix First Born's air con and each time it immediately leaks out - he's tried three different units so far
Ours is a 2000 model but the grease monkey may have just been spinning us a line.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

It will give the mum's at school drop off something to talk about
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:31 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
It will give the mum's at school drop off something to talk about
You know this for a fact?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
massively agree with that. a lack of spatial awareness. really gives me the shits. Especially so when people are walking.

Random ambling U-turns, stopping and thinking about something, congregating in a door frame, pushing prams all over the place (no please, I insist, would you kindly use your precious little "bub" as a battering ram for my ****ing legs), people who walk side by side on narrow paths taking up the whole thing and dont move out of the way for people walking towards them.
Got to admit it's the one downside of where I live. The local Greeks and Italians have turned this kind of obstructive positioning into some kind of weird art form/sport. When they eventually amble their way into a shop, they dodge the queue and make their way straight to the front counter and interrupt the person thats already being served. I wouldn't mind, if it was just the occasional hiccup. but they are the majority demographic around here. Worst offenders are the groups of 60YO+ chattering away in their own language. I've given up and mostly walk in the gutter if in a hurry along Sydney Rd now... I'm serious about that to..

God they are really funny with the Vietnamese shopkeepers though... what a mix... the Vietnamese just wont take it from them... more or less tell them to get out of their shop.

You would have to see it to believe it actually.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:45 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with everything you've said! It drives me nuts!

Which reminds me... A man walks into a bar with a steering wheel shoved down his pants. Barman says 'hey mate you know you got a steering wheel down there?' and bloke says 'I know, it's been driving me nuts all day'

Boom boom
Originally Posted by In Exile
massively agree with that. a lack of spatial awareness. really gives me the shits. Especially so when people are walking.

Random ambling U-turns, stopping and thinking about something, congregating in a door frame, pushing prams all over the place (no please, I insist, would you kindly use your precious little "bub" as a battering ram for my ****ing legs), people who walk side by side on narrow paths taking up the whole thing and dont move out of the way for people walking towards them.

Also ACA and TT, and their 5 repeated "its a rort!!" stories make me angry. It makes me more angry that millions of people apparently subscribe to this idiotic bullshit. They are always fairly high up in the TV ratings.

Also brain-dead reality show guff like X Factor, Idol, Bachelor(ette), farmer wants a shag, master chef, renovate, the renovators, renovation man, renovate this, renovate that, strictly come dancing, so you think you can dance... etc

nanny state mentalities also get me going, wherever in the world they occur
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:37 pm

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bunning's store greeters.." How are you today"

How's about " pissed off,leave me alone" in auto que tone

Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lancastrian48
Bunning's store greeters.." How are you today"

How's about " pissed off,leave me alone" in auto que tone

You miserable bastard. They have a job to do and that is part of it. Why can't you just be polite and say "fine thanks"
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
You miserable bastard. They have a job to do and that is part of it. Why can't you just be polite and say "fine thanks"
+1 Some people never fail to amaze.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'd rather no commas than commas put in the wrong place.

Changing duvet covers. Grrrrrrrrrr
Remember this one years ago. Didn't someone post that their husband/hubby (etc) sort of *ducked inside* the cover to position all the corners....maybe Wendy's other half...
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with everything you've said! It drives me nuts!

Which reminds me... A man walks into a bar with a steering wheel shoved down his pants. Barman says 'hey mate you know you got a steering wheel down there?' and bloke says 'I know, it's been driving me nuts all day'

Boom boom

Ms Scuba...Ma'am:

I saw a load of your Melbourne posse practising traffic control in the CBD the other day, clearly having just done traffic control 101 that morning in class. One cop was making a real hash of it, actually, and his mentor was having to intervene physically to prevent a catastrophe.

I observed to his colleagues..."not bad for a first attempt..." - and one said "I know, I worry about some of them...". Human after all..human after all.

His colleagues were young..and very pretty....what is it they say about coppers looking younger and younger...
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Ms Scuba...Ma'am:

I saw a load of your Melbourne posse practising traffic control in the CBD the other day, clearly having just done traffic control 101 that morning in class. One cop was making a real hash of it, actually, and his mentor was having to intervene physically to prevent a catastrophe.

I observed to his colleagues..."not bad for a first attempt..." - and one said "I know, I worry about some of them...". Human after all..human after all.

His colleagues were young..and very pretty.... what is it they say about coppers looking younger and younger...
The girls...the girls....
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Remember this one years ago. Didn't someone post that their husband/hubby (etc) sort of *ducked inside* the cover to position all the corners....maybe Wendy's other half...
Well remembered, he did.

(Well actually, he probably still does )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.