Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Things I would be happy to wave goodbye to

Wikiposts

Things I would be happy to wave goodbye to

Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:05 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things I would be happy to wave goodbye to

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
You should have played the race card.

Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:07 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
You should have played the race card.
I didn't think racism was tolerated on here.

I was going to use the name Tumbledown Dick but that would probably have been deemed "offensive".
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:28 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I didn't think racism was tolerated on here.

I was going to use the name Tumbledown Dick but that would probably have been deemed "offensive".
Or Cummaquid, MA, USA
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you're trying to get someone else's thread closed down? Grow up please.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Or to finally get to the end of the queue only to be told "Sorry, we don't offer that service at this Post Office."

In fact, the number of services that they didn't offer at my local Post Office was astonishing. The UK Post Office was always a huge gripe for me - inconsistent service levels, opening hours at the whim of the manager. It really was rubbish.

S
We had a great post office in the village that I lived in in the UK, rarely had much of a queue & they offered most srvices that the larger Offices did.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:13 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I assume you're trying to get someone else's thread closed down? Grow up please.

Given that you think I am trying to get the thread closed down, it should be presume not assume, i.e to suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability.

Anyway, back on topic, I would happy to wave goodbye to the sprawling suburbs of Australia. The endless samey suburbs, ugly McMansions on huge blocks (with postage stamp gardens), car dominated culture etc. I would prefer compact towns and cities with easy access countryside.

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Aug 15th 2009 at 10:15 am.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:15 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

My experience is that the post office service is better in Aus than UK. I used to hate the tax disc thing as well. At out local post office it used to take more than the 20 mins allowed in the parking bays outside. The other problem was that you couldn't renew the disc until about 2 weeks before it was due. Twice I was on holiday and had to come back without a valid disc.

It's good to see that the tax disc people have at least caught up with the 21st century. Still prefer the Victorian system. New rego is sent through a few months before it's due and it's valid if you pay by a certain date. One payment ... no worries.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 5:52 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
My experience is that the post office service is better in Aus than UK. I used to hate the tax disc thing as well. At out local post office it used to take more than the 20 mins allowed in the parking bays outside. The other problem was that you couldn't renew the disc until about 2 weeks before it was due. Twice I was on holiday and had to come back without a valid disc.

It's good to see that the tax disc people have at least caught up with the 21st century. Still prefer the Victorian system. New rego is sent through a few months before it's due and it's valid if you pay by a certain date. One payment ... no worries.
I find that the Post Office here is much better too - It's much more consistent with opening times and service availability.

I'm glad to see that they have changed the system in the UK - It really was an enormous faff getting it done. The main Post Office in Loughborough doesn't open on Saturdays, so if you wanted to tax your car at the weekend, you had to drive to Leicester. How ridiculous that a reasonably sized university town doesn't have a Post Office open on a Saturday? Even until Midday!

S
Old Aug 16th 2009, 10:55 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I find that the Post Office here is much better too - It's much more consistent with opening times and service availability.

I'm glad to see that they have changed the system in the UK - It really was an enormous faff getting it done. The main Post Office in Loughborough doesn't open on Saturdays, so if you wanted to tax your car at the weekend, you had to drive to Leicester. How ridiculous that a reasonably sized university town doesn't have a Post Office open on a Saturday? Even until Midday!

S

A problem we are having in our area is the post office keeps moving. Just when you I get used to finding it in one place it closes down and another pops up somewhere else. I have no idea where it currently is.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kunteebowlocks
The lack of class and culture.
A prize for the best username goes to.................................
KUNTEEBOWLOCKS
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by framac67
KUNTEEBOWLOCKS
My fav tae
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
KUNTEEBOWLOCKS
I think you'll find he has had to change his name though!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

I do mine online in the UK - easy peasy (update to the pain that it used to be anyhow!). Besides they now only do it at larger post offices here.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Really really crappy low-brow adverts, and even worse trailers for forthcoming shows, which make watching commercial tv impossible and even listening to the radio a chore.

Utter garbage.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

..and even if you forget, and end up late, you get a period of time before they cancel the rego - after sending a reminder.

I've been impressed with the Australian Post Office - Pollyanna's individual experience notwithstanding!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.