Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

They speak english in london made me laugh..

Wikiposts

They speak english in london made me laugh..

Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They speak english in london made me laugh..

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Stupidity is evident everywhere..................

A couple of weeks ago while talking to a group of England fans in the pub they all asked me why I didn't stand up for the National anthem, when I told them I didn't feel in a nationalistic mood, the conversation started to get all serious and eventually I told them I was born in Iran............................

their response?

"You don't look like a terrorist"

"Is Bin Laden your mate then?"

Yeah, because Bin Laden is A; the only "terrorist" in the world, and B; he is Iranian!!
Matt do you still understand farsi, so sometime I can talk to you.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Matt do you still understand farsi, so sometime I can talk to you.
I don't sadly, I really want to learn it again, and a few words come to me, mum speaks it, and my Bro knows a few phrases, and I love hearing it spoken.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I don't sadly, I really want to learn it again, and a few words come to me, mum speaks it, and my Bro knows a few phrases, and I love hearing it spoken.
I really speak Pinglish myself, so I do find it hard if somebody only spoke to me only in farsi & didnt speak english, I wouldnt know how to answer them back.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:03 am
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

Originally Posted by marwood
Those "stupid" Americans bailed your sorry asses out in WWII and now dictate your foreign policy. They say jump, you ask "how high?"

Now who's stupid?
some would say the yanks only joined ww2 to get over the great depression because as we all know war is good for a recession it creates jobs and deflects attention from other things.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see bush on the news the other night referring to the LA bushfires "I wish i could get up thar and change them darn winds around and stop em from blowing this way" WTF!!!

The clip then turned to the governor of california giving more 'wise' words - the one and only last action hero Arnie!!! You couldn't make it up

What hope do the yanks have???
Old Oct 27th 2007, 5:06 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marwood
Those "stupid" Americans bailed your sorry asses out in WWII and now dictate your foreign policy. They say jump, you ask "how high?"

Now who's stupid?
Can I ask where you're from?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:58 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Dog & Bone = Phone

Barnet fair = Hair

Apples & pears = Chairs

Jack & Danny = Fanny

Whistle & Flute = Suit

Tom & Dick = Sick

Deep Sea Diver = Fiver

Ruby Murrey = Curry

Just a few slang words that I know that Londoners like to say to confuse us foreigners, of course I would love to know more, if anybody can add to it.
Berk => Berkshire Hunt => ******

"Not a lot of people know that"

Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:00 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if the yanks think all the poms are like David Beckham
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Berk => Berkshire Hunt => ******

"Not a lot of people know that"

Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I wonder if the yanks think all the poms are like David Beckham
Even worse - like Posh