Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

They speak english in london made me laugh..

Wikiposts

They speak english in london made me laugh..

Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: They speak english in london made me laugh..

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Only American would say that, such a intelligent bunch they are.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200...o-45dbed5.html
Spent my uni placement in America and on my first appraisal was told that my English had really improved since I had been there. OMG nearly died of laughing. lol

Debbie
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Spent my uni placement in America and on my first appraisal was told that my English had really improved since I had been there. OMG nearly died of laughing. lol

Debbie

OMG, what did you say, "oh thanks for the help you guys gave me".
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Read the thread, this is what that American guy said about London.
yeah I know - just found it hard to believe....
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
yeah I know - just found it hard to believe....
It would be even funnier if he went to France, and said, oh I didnt realise they speak French.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

It would be even funnier if he went to France, and said, oh I didnt realise they speak French.
Or if he went to Mexico and said he wishes he had learnt Latin at school so he could speak to the people in their native tongue, as Bush did.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Or if he went to Mexico and said he wishes he had learnt Latin at school so he could speak to the people in their native tongue, as Bush did.
That is just so funny.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Wassup geezers? Fancy a rosie lee? Look at the boat race on him.... Ger up the apple and pairs. You wearing a flute? I'm avin it.....

Londoners speak perfect English hey????
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Nat1971 will become famous soon enough

Ger up the apple and pairs. Londoners speak perfect English hey????
Shouldn't that be apples and pears
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can you remember when President Bush asked Charlotte Church what State Wales was in???

Lau x
Here it is on you tube for the who missed it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p2iz-9N8Mn4
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:34 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Wassup geezers? Fancy a rosie lee? Look at the boat race on him.... Ger up the apple and pairs. You wearing a flute? I'm avin it.....

Londoners speak perfect English hey????
Yep - my OH who is a Londoner speaks just like that.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kapri
Yep - my OH who is a Londoner speaks just like that.
Dog & Bone = Phone

Barnet fair = Hair

Apples & pears = Chairs

Jack & Danny = Fanny

Whistle & Flute = Suit

Tom & Dick = Sick

Deep Sea Diver = Fiver

Ruby Murrey = Curry

Just a few slang words that I know that Londoners like to say to confuse us foreigners, of course I would love to know more, if anybody can add to it.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough

Those "stupid" Americans bailed your sorry asses out in WWII and now dictate your foreign policy. They say jump, you ask "how high?"

Now who's stupid?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marwood
Those "stupid" Americans bailed your sorry asses out in WWII and now dictate your foreign policy. They say jump, you ask "how high?"

Now who's stupid?
As from today you have gone on my Ignore list, dont have time for people like you.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough

As from today you have gone on my Ignore list, dont have time for people like you.
Have I struck a nerve then?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Stupidity is evident everywhere..................

A couple of weeks ago while talking to a group of England fans in the pub they all asked me why I didn't stand up for the National anthem, when I told them I didn't feel in a nationalistic mood, the conversation started to get all serious and eventually I told them I was born in Iran............................

their response?

"You don't look like a terrorist"

"Is Bin Laden your mate then?"

Yeah, because Bin Laden is A; the only "terrorist" in the world, and B; he is Iranian!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.