Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

theres something walking round our bedroom

Wikiposts

theres something walking round our bedroom

Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:06 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default theres something walking round our bedroom

it starts about 2 in the morning,its quite loud to be honest...my mrs wants me to go all through the boxs to see whats in there?

she says im the man of the house,how come its always us bleedin men who have to check for snakes etc?

shes got no chance...

Last edited by aston man; Apr 7th 2008 at 12:13 am.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:09 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: theres something walking round our bedroom

Originally Posted by aston man
it starts about 2 in the morning,its quite loud to be honest...my mrs wants me to go all through the boxs to see whats in there?

she says im the man of the house,how come its always us bleedin men who have to check for snakes etc?

she got no chance...
Welcome back...

Snakes dont walk mate
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:11 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Welcome back...

Snakes dont walk mate
this ones got a pair of hobnail boots..

its good to talk mate.hows the ranch?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Could be a rat
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

We've a similar problem but it's in the roof space above our bed. Put some rat poison up tonight which should hopefully sort it.
When I opened the hatch there were loads of spider webs so just threw the poison up and shut the hatch quick!!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
We've a similar problem but it's in the roof space above our bed. Put some rat poison up tonight which should hopefully sort it.
When I opened the hatch there were loads of spider webs so just threw the poison up and shut the hatch quick!!!
mate thats the same as us?

the roofer reckons its a possom?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Aston

I thought you told me that you were giving up on this tintenet thing.

Could be cockroaches. We've had loads around the house this week.

If you think it sounds too loud for cockroaches then it could be a nest of them emerging from their summer sleep.

It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

Keep the bug spray handy.

Keel
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:09 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

mate thats the same as us?

the roofer reckons its a possom?
AAhhh possums, lovely as they are they can keep you awake at night. C x
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

We have magpies that make more noise than the possums, reckon they have little hob nailed boots..

Also found a scorpion in the closet last week, big black one, needless to say despite the fact it prefered the Mrs closet i had to remove it..

problem with putting poison in the roof space is that it will kill the possums... then they reek like hell for ages.. then you will have to go up there with all those spiders! Maybe you should smoke them out (without setting fire to the roof)
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:25 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

shes got no chance...
bloody hell mate aint you got the boxes empty yet?????????

Nev
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrispy
We have magpies that make more noise than the possums, reckon they have little hob nailed boots..

Also found a scorpion in the closet last week, big black one, needless to say despite the fact it prefered the Mrs closet i had to remove it..

problem with putting poison in the roof space is that it will kill the possums... then they reek like hell for ages.. then you will have to go up there with all those spiders! Maybe you should smoke them out (without setting fire to the roof)
Don't talk to me about scorpions!! We found another one in the lounge last week by our 2yr old's beanbag. Luckily the kitten had pretty well killed it by the time we found it. Now we're being invaded by portuguese millipedes and mice/rats gnawing in the roof space!!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:35 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have $5 on a possum.

Look for access holes into the roof space. Dont necessarily block up as you could lock them in! Set a trail of apple from the hole somewhere else - then block up the hole. The droppings will give them away. Oh and possum pee stinks apparently!

Please dont poison them.

Have you tried calling the ranger?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

shes got no chance...
Are you sure its not one of the kids sleeping walking.make sure you put the light on before you hit it with the fly swatter.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

bloody hell, where u bin?

we have mouse in house, eating its way through every thing but not the traps put out by HIM... Traps would work if you baited them with the kids clean lunch boxes... thats what the little b@st@rd ate last night.. nibbled through two of them... all foil insulation and everything..

I woke whole house up last night screaming.... was tapping away on this at 0100 when a pen lid rolled toward me out of no where,, fxck me pen lids ae scarey
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by keel
Hello Aston

I thought you told me that you were giving up on this tintenet thing.

Could be cockroaches. We've had loads around the house this week.

If you think it sounds too loud for cockroaches then it could be a nest of them emerging from their summer sleep.

It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

Keep the bug spray handy.

Keel

to be honest we get that many cockies they dont bother us now.

dont forget next time your out ,give us a shout..

jeez i was p1553d...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.