Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

There's a black dog on my shoulder again

Wikiposts

There's a black dog on my shoulder again

Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:09 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: There's a black dog on my shoulder again

Originally Posted by odyssey
I dont know about it all really - I have depression on my medical records since I was about 24 - its on my life insurance etc - they got dr reports. I dont pay any more premium, I got into Australia and no one has ever batted an eyelid.
Wait till you apply for more insurance. They didn't say boo to me until I asked for more. The doctor said I would have to sign a form that allowed them access to my records and he would need to fill out some forms himself... Even had a physical done that came out excellent...

After all the back and forth explaining that everything was fine - even the doctor informed them things were fine... Then the pricks final questionnaire to me was a one question Are you suicidal... I was polite in my response, should have simply said don't be stupid you ****in dip shits...

Then their last letter was: You're cut off, and if there is any other way we can help you don't hesitate to ask...
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Agent Bauer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
Anyone else fighting off the black dog?
Most of the time things are fine, but then suddenly bang!
I'm full of negativity again....
You shouldn't be mate, not after last night
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:59 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Agent Bauer
You shouldn't be mate, not after last night
Alright mate?
Welcome to be btw
Old Jun 26th 2011, 11:55 am

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

thanks again for the interesting responses. I agree with those who've said that many (if not most) of us suffer depression, or at least depressive symptoms at some point in our adult lives. I can only see that trend getting worse.
The other thing is that a lot of you actually have stuff to be depressed about, ie significantly stressful things like illness or a relative being ill etc.

For me it is pretty much all about being dislocated from my home environment. I know that for sure because the last 2 times I was depressed were when I was living in Australia, and that when I went back home it was like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders...

I've also seen a psychologist here, and he was great. In fact I felt like I was doing a bit of a stand up routine (whilst sitting down) with my withering contempt for Geelong and life in Australia..I got the impression he kind of agreed! I'll always love him for that.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 2:42 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
A huge bar of chocolate, bottle of bubbly with friends and a box set of Will and Grace?
Fat, spotty and crap tv shows. no wonder you are seeing a black dog.

Lay off the chocs, cut the booze down, and live life, don't watch other pretending to have one.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 2:48 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

For me it is pretty much all about being dislocated from my home environment. I know that for sure because the last 2 times I was depressed were when I was living in Australia, and that when I went back home it was like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders...

Try living where I am now. Last night entertainment over dinner was watching a local family having a roadside crap.

Saturday night I went to the Midtown night club. Dont bother. Cross between a school dance and a Hells angel chapter meeting in hell. spent all night getting a girl drunk in the hope of some action. There was some. She hit a policeman and got arrested.

50,000 people living on 21 Sq miles of sand. Every family keeps pigs and children.

I get depressed looking on this site.....
Old Jun 26th 2011, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Try living where I am now. Last night entertainment over dinner was watching a local family having a roadside crap.

Saturday night I went to the Midtown night club. Dont bother. Cross between a school dance and a Hells angel chapter meeting in hell. spent all night getting a girl drunk in the hope of some action. There was some. She hit a policeman and got arrested.

50,000 people living on 21 Sq miles of sand. Every family keeps pigs and children.

I get depressed looking on this site.....
where is this? Stevenage?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 3:48 pm
Not allowed opinions.

where is this? Stevenage?
Kiribati, the scat lovers holiday destination of choice.

The place is beautiful, the people are friendly (until you grope the ass of their wife like I did Saturday night). The lagoon is a giant toilet bowl. 40,000 crap in it every day. Going through the motions gives snorkelling a new meaning.

The taxi buses have no windows, and comprise of 10,000 rust particles travelling in a common direction.

the girls look like men, and the men look like extras in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Keeping pigs is the national pastime. I think they arouse the men more than the women do.

Im here for three months. Oink. Oink.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 3:55 pm

The place is beautiful, the people are friendly (until you grope the ass of their wife like I did Saturday night). The lagoon is a giant toilet bowl. 40,000 crap in it every day. Going through the motions gives snorkelling a new meaning.

The taxi buses have no windows, and comprise of 10,000 rust particles travelling in a common direction.

the girls look like men, and the men look like extras in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Keeping pigs is the national pastime. I think they arouse the men more than the women do.

I've just googled it....bloody hell mate, and I thought Geelong was a colonial backwater. Enjoy the pigs. What on earth are you doing there?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:09 pm
Not allowed opinions.

I've just googled it....bloody hell mate, and I thought Geelong was a colonial backwater. Enjoy the pigs. What on earth are you doing there?
Opening a BE sub branch of the pig lovers thread.

I work for the Asian Development Bank. They sent me here for fondling bums in Manila....
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:14 pm

Opening a BE sub branch of the pig lovers thread.

I work for the Asian Development Bank. They sent me here for fondling bums in Manila....
is it in Asia? I would have thought you'd have an instant get out clause right there..
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:30 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

is it in Asia? I would have thought you'd have an instant get out clause right there..
Nah. Gary Glitter tried to get a tea lady job with the Asia Development Bank and blew that scam apart.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:35 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

For the best part of 5 years now. I used to one of those people who thought the cure for depression was to snap out of it but I have definitely had to rethink that attitude.

Anyone else fighting off the black dog?
Most of the time things are fine, but then suddenly bang!
I'm full of negativity again....
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Agent Bauer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris955
For the best part of 5 years now. I used to one of those people who thought the cure for depression was to snap out of it but I have definitely had to rethink that attitude.

Afternoon Chris. Best way of alleviating Depression for the Oz-sceptical amongst us? - to walk away from forums which seek to silence us. Good to see you on B.E. mate.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just googled. So London, Paris and Poland aren't up to much then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.