Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

There is a god, finally PS3 is hacked

There is a god, finally PS3 is hacked

Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Talking There is a god, finally PS3 is hacked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8478764.stm
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Weird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really nice
Default Re: There is a god, finally PS3 is hacked

Yep, good luck with that. If you think Microsoft were harsh by bricking 1+ Million hacked XBox360's wait until Sony start retaliating. They will patch every month and start bricking within weeks. I'm not going to risk it.

It's also interesting that when I heard this story from the US a week ago it was a software only hack, now it appears to have a hardware component to it.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:28 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to sell mine, I got a dvt from playing too long!!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Weird Fish
Yep, good luck with that. If you think Microsoft were harsh by bricking 1+ Million hacked XBox360's wait until Sony start retaliating. They will patch every month and start bricking within weeks. I'm not going to risk it.

It's also interesting that when I heard this story from the US a week ago it was a software only hack, now it appears to have a hardware component to it.
Microsoft don't brick your console they just ban it from live. Even if Microsoft had the ability to brick (render inoperable) your console, they wouldn't dare, it's not illegal to have a modified console.

Last edited by showdan; Jan 26th 2010 at 9:22 am.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Weird Fish

Yes a few of my pals were bricked, but the money you save on games a new xbox still works out cheaper. You can get them chipped/modded once and as long as you dont play them online you want have a problem.

Good site if anyone is interested in getting theres modded.

http://www.ozmodchips.com/xbox-360-c-10.html
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:22 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rocket01
as long as you dont play them online you want have a problem.[/url]
Oh - thats good then!

Chipping / hacking may sound good on paper but typically is more trouble than its worth not least because of warranty issues.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Modding/upgrading any system should only be done to play backup copies of the games you have