Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is there anything that won't be nicked

Is there anything that won't be nicked

Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Is there anything that won't be nicked

A while ago a mate of mine who works for the local Shire, was telling me that a lot of land developers are complaining that plants (native and otherwise) get stolen shortly after planting on new house developments. I took this with a pinch of salt. However in a car park today I overheard a conversation where one woman was describing how she had, last night, driven past some new native plantings in a median strip, then gone home and got her husband to hitch up the trailer and go and dig some of them up. She sounded like she actually wore this event as a Badge of Honour, and had no embarrasment or shame whatsoever. What makes people do these absurd things?:curse: FFS native plants are cheap to buy.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there anything that won't be nicked

Reminds me of our new development back in Coleraine.
They planted out the green areas and within 24 hours little old ladies and all sorts were pulling plants out, and in broad daylight too!
Left us (the street) with a weedy mess
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

No bullshit now ok.

Friends of ours, well my missus best mate, lives on the Gold Coast.

Fee her name is, and fee is bloody well orf !!

I mean shes stinkin fqn rich.

So anyways, her old fella says , listen no more nurserys for you gurl, she was running up 3k a month on plants and landscaping from nurserys every month !!!

So one xmas, they driving back from Labrador, and ... well anyway when they arrived home, they had over 100 solar lights, 2 palm trees, 3 baby cyciads, and countless other plants n flowers, they stole on the way home !!!

Ste
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
A while ago a mate of mine who works for the local Shire, was telling me that a lot of land developers are complaining that plants (native and otherwise) get stolen shortly after planting on new house developments. I took this with a pinch of salt. However in a car park today I overheard a conversation where one woman was describing how she had, last night, driven past some new native plantings in a median strip, then gone home and got her husband to hitch up the trailer and go and dig some of them up. She sounded like she actually wore this event as a Badge of Honour, and had no embarrasment or shame whatsoever. What makes people do these absurd things?:curse: FFS native plants are cheap to buy.
simmilar thing here but with paving
working on the council estate paving area to enhance the foot paths and on the first day two men said dont know why you are bothering mate it will be up in the middle of the night.
sure enuf next day gone .later that day the buggers asked how many where to be deliverd as they needed enuf for the back garden :curse:
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:44 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

not in OZ but the OH has his drill nicked last week.

little *********s were watching him work and took the drill while OH went upstairs to get the case!

now.., whats the bloody point in stealing a SDS CORDLESS drill, without the bloody charger and case?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:47 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky

little *********s were watching him work and took the drill while OH went upstairs to get the case!

now.., whats the bloody point in stealing a SDS [U]CORDLESS drill, without the bloody charger and case?
CORDLESS
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
CORDLESS
look mate, it didnt bloody work for me
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

burtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant future

No bullshit now ok.

Friends of ours, well my missus best mate, lives on the Gold Coast.

Fee her name is, and fee is bloody well orf !!

I mean shes stinkin fqn rich.

So anyways, her old fella says , listen no more nurserys for you gurl, she was running up 3k a month on plants and landscaping from nurserys every month !!!

So one xmas, they driving back from Labrador, and ... well anyway when they arrived home, they had over 100 solar lights, 2 palm trees, 3 baby cyciads, and countless other plants n flowers, they stole on the way home !!!

Ste
My grandmas like that when it comes to plants. She even takes fruit off trees, which I suppose, is not as bad as stealing the whole plant!! It's funny in a way to think that my grandmother, as tiny as she is, steals plants and flowers . Not that I condone that sort of behaviour. She doesn't do it so much these days though. Getting a little too old to climb over peoples walls and nick their daffodils.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by burtreynoldsisonit
My grandmas like that when it comes to plants. She even takes fruit off trees, which I suppose, is not as bad as stealing the whole plant!! It's funny in a way to think that my grandmother, as tiny as she is, steals plants and flowers . Not that I condone that sort of behaviour. She doesn't do it so much these days though. Getting a little too old to climb over peoples walls and nick their daffodils.
i'd rather people nick the fruit off the trees than leave them there to fall on the ground and make a slippery ant-attracting mess
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

now.., whats the bloody point in stealing a SDS CORDLESS drill, without the bloody charger and case?
must add this one
mate ov mine has j.c.b. left on site one morning the breaker was robbed whole lot of moneys worth
tried to search for another and a couple of days later got a call.............
wait for it..............

would you like to buy a breaker for your machine 2nd hand or new mate:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:53 am
Banned

look mate, it didnt bloody work for me
CORDLESS

Originally Posted by borolad
must add this one
mate ov mine has j.c.b. left on site one morning the breaker was robbed whole lot of moneys worth
tried to search for another and a couple of days later got a call.............
wait for it..............

would you like to buy a breaker for your machine 2nd hand or new mate:curse::curse::curse::curse:
cheeky gits

P OFF
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:54 am
Banned

P OFF
Click it lol
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:55 am

Click it lol
I DID.

TYPICAL, NOW IT WORKS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.