Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Thanks for the Warning you lot!

Thanks for the Warning you lot!

Old Jun 12th 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks for the Warning you lot!

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
They said it will hit at 10pm until early hours, either it has come early or the worst is yet to come. Either way, I have farted with more power.
Yes Sam i have just been informed that the 'cold front' is still to cross which will bring thunder and lightening and the real 'wind'
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Yes Sam i have just been informed that the 'cold front' is still to cross which will bring thunder and lightening and the real 'wind'
Oh well, Im off back to the living room to watch Packed to the Rafters with Mr PP. I have run out of chocolate - damn it.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:12 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's going to hit Mandurah/Rockingham hard again tonight. The SES crews down there (along with the co-opted navy lads) and the BFS guys are doing great jobs, as always, but they haven't caught up from sunday's jobs yet.

We have been operational since Thursday, what with the tornado through Dianella/Morley, and I can't see us being stood down any time soon

Hope everyone is safe out there, remember if you need assistance from the SES the number is 132 500, but you could have a long wait if it's of a low priority.

I hope no-one needs help, and that you all get through this unscathed.

Shirley

Edited to add: we have just been issued a directive that NO FESA or SES personnel are to drive in this weather as it is unsafe. So if you don't have to go out then stay home till it's passed

Last edited by ub40fan; Jun 12th 2012 at 1:37 pm. Reason: To add an update
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
I think it's going to hit Mandurah/Rockingham hard again tonight. The SES crews down there (along with the co-opted navy lads) and the BFS guys are doing great jobs, as always, but they haven't caught up from sunday's jobs yet.

We have been operational since Thursday, what with the tornado through Dianella/Morley, and I can't see us being stood down any time soon

Hope everyone is safe out there, remember if you need assistance from the SES the number is 132 500, but you could have a long wait if it's of a low priority.

I hope no-one needs help, and that you all get through this unscathed.

Shirley

Edited to add: we have just been issued a directive that NO FESA or SES personnel are to drive in this weather as it is unsafe. So if you don't have to go out then stay home till it's passed
Thanks for the updates and info.Hope everyone remains safe.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:41 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Even with our shutters down it is so loud and our windows are rattling, lights flashing earlier, hope everyone is ok.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

6:30am here. Frig, what a long night. I don't think we have any damage (roof still on anyway), but I've never, ever heard winds like that. And I lived through severe summer thunderstorms and the odd tornado back in Alberta.

Around 2am, it reached a non-stop roar, like a jet engine, and I thought, "The roof's going at any minute."

How is everyone else?

Oh and I'm amazed the power's still on. For us, this one was worse than Sunday.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Japonica
6:30am here. Frig, what a long night. I don't think we have any damage (roof still on anyway), but I've never, ever heard winds like that. And I lived through severe summer thunderstorms and the odd tornado back in Alberta.

Around 2am, it reached a non-stop roar, like a jet engine, and I thought, "The roof's going at any minute."

How is everyone else?

Oh and I'm amazed the power's still on. For us, this one was worse than Sunday.
Same here, it sounded as though a train went over the roof - I really thought my roof would come off, never heard anything like it. Went out this morning, fences still up, hubby is going to check the tiles.

Traffic lights out on the way to work, branches/debris in the road - I am bloody knackered, seriously tired and glad I had the shutters down on the property, but even then it was loud.

Some people have said they were not touched by it or never heard it, lucky for them.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a none event up here in my suburb. Heavy rain and terrible wind but have seen and heard worse.

Think the far south copped it bad again so hope everyone is safe down there.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it wasn't as bad up here as I'd feared. Hope you're all ok down there.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Bit of a none event up here in my suburb. Heavy rain and terrible wind but have seen and heard worse.

Think the far south copped it bad again so hope everyone is safe down there.
Same here.Heard a bit of rain and wind but that's it.School sent text to say shchool was opened so no damage there.Glad to have electricity.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:00 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

So, last night wasn't as bad as they thought, which is a good thing. We only had a steady trickle of jobs between 6am and 10.30 then it all but dried up.

I think all the 1146 jobs were completed by tonight, thank goodness. My unit were stood down about 4.30pm, and I am hoping I don't get any more 5.30am calls for a little while having a lovely glass of wine now and chilling knowing I'm not on call tonight
Old Jun 14th 2012, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Double Darn... You all survived!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Double Darn... You all survived!

sorry to disappoint
Old Jun 15th 2012, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
sorry to disappoint
Phew! was getting a bit worried there for awhile.