Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Thank You Australia!

Thank You Australia!

Old Mar 19th 2013, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Thank You Australia!

Australia and its people have given me exposure and courage to move further up into my career.During my last 5 years in Australia I enjoyed great beaches, sunshine, heat, high rising cost of living,expensive rentals etc. but everything was fun.I have been offered better career oppurtunities due to E-3 Visa which is only available for Australian Citizens.I am permenantly moving to USA to explore bigger cities,variable tax rates,big free ways, Hollywood,Disney Land, Times Square etc. and specially greater career heights.Thank you very much Australia!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thank You Australia!

Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Variable tax rates?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by economy_1
Australia and its people have given me exposure and courage to move further up into my career.During my last 5 years in Australia I enjoyed great beaches, sunshine, heat, high rising cost of living,expensive rentals etc. but everything was fun.I have been offered better career oppurtunities due to E-3 Visa which is only available for Australian Citizens.I am permenantly moving to USA to explore bigger cities,variable tax rates,big free ways, Hollywood,Disney Land, Times Square etc. and specially greater career heights.Thank you very much Australia!
Hope you've got your healthcare situation sorted..... :$$$$$$:
Old Mar 20th 2013, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Congratulations, can I ask what line of work you are in?

Good Luck, I would love to try USA next.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The E-3 visa is not permanent and you have to have a job to go to

Good luck
Old Mar 20th 2013, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Thank You Australia!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The E-3 visa is not permanent and you have to have a job to go to

Good luck
Microsoft will be holding my E-3 visa. I am working in IT industry.They will be processing green cards after one year.Microsoft is going to provide family private health and dental insurance.

As IT contractor my salary in Australia was higher therefore I had to buy private health cover in Australia too.

Anyways, Thankyou very much Australia!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Green card processing can take forever in a day so be prepared for this and I hope you have this written in black & white into yr contract. Good luck to your change
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:35 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Microsoft will be holding my E-3 visa. I am working in IT industry.They will be processing green cards after one year.Microsoft is going to provide family private health and dental insurance.

As IT contractor my salary in Australia was higher therefore I had to buy private health cover in Australia too.

Anyways, Thankyou very much Australia!
Thats interesting, can you tell us what you needed to get the job and offer from MS to move to the states. I'd love to do that one day and I can't see any way at my age to get a green card except for a job to go to.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Thats interesting, can you tell us what you needed to get the job and offer from MS to move to the states. I'd love to do that one day and I can't see any way at my age to get a green card except for a job to go to.
Out of the frying pan into the fire.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:17 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Out of the frying pan into the fire.
Yes but at least in America you are more free, free to be an adult. I can even own guns!! even those toy airsoft ones that are banned here in Australia just in case an adult has too much fun. You can't even own a replica one here.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes but at least in America you are more free, free to be an adult. I can even own guns!! even those toy airsoft ones that are banned here in Australia just in case an adult has too much fun. You can't even own a replica one here.
Yes, if you're into guns it's probably a good place to be.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

dragon1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've lived in San Francisco, New york and LA as a PR........so you think you'll have better job prospects over there? Please update us all after a year!
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Thank You Australia!

You need to have bachelor's degree with at least 5 years job experience or a higher degree to file green card under EB-2 category.If you are in EB1 category green card procedure takes 6-8 months.In EB-2 category green card procedure take 1 year (depending upon you place of birth).Australian 457visa is comparable to E-3 or H1B visa.

Every year in January, Microsoft conducts technical interviews in Sydney and they hire approx 2000 technical IT people and local graduates on spot.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

dragon1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to have bachelor's degree with at least 5 years job experience or a higher degree to file green card under EB-2 category.If you are in EB1 category green card procedure takes 6-8 months.In EB-2 category green card procedure take 1 year (depending upon you place of birth).Australian 457visa is comparable to E-3 or H1B visa.

Every year in January, Microsoft conducts technical interviews in Sydney and they hire approx 2000 technical IT people and local graduates on spot.
You can also take part in the lottery......I think there are 2 to 3000 given away every year. But all the same, job prospects, salaries and working conditions are not a patch on Australia. Then a huge chunk of your money goes into health care.

I think the whole point of this post is to wind people up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.