Tennis hooligans

Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Tennis hooligans

From past 3 years I'm witnessing spike in indiscipline among European spectators in Australian open matches. People don't reliaze that Tennis is not football where you can rant and shout to support your team. It requires pin-drop silence as the players need to concentrate especially while serving.

Not sure why crowds are getting so violent these days.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenni...0119-mib2.html
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:52 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Tennis hooligans

Ah, those feisty Croatian supporters! How we love them. And their larks.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:04 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis hooligans

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Ah, those feisty Croatian supporters! How we love them. And their larks.
I thought they were Australian born though?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Spilling the ugly rants of Balkan wars and frightening people with flares. Tennis courts are becoming Balkan battlefields for these louts
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I think this is definitely a time when the newspapers are trying to avoid saying that!

It would be odd that these Balkan trouble makers would be making a habit of making their way to Melbourne every year but not popping up at Wimbledon or the French Open? Or maybe they just fancy a winter holiday!?

Or yes...maybe they are Australians.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:22 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think this is definitely a time when the newspapers are trying to avoid saying that!

It would be odd that these Balkan trouble makers would be making a habit of making their way to Melbourne every year but not popping up at Wimbledon or the French Open? Or maybe they just fancy a winter holiday!?

Seems a bit hypocritical to me. They are Balkan trouble makers.

However, Jelena Dokić is a true blue Aussie champ (although not this year). Hmm.

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Jan 19th 2010 at 4:26 am.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:23 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

This does raise an interesting question as Australia and Australians claim to have a true melting pot of cultures and people and also, supposedly the most accepting of these different cultures. Yet, when these nasty incidents occur they are no longer Aussies, instead they are all pigeon-holed as Lebanese, Croatians, Serbs, Greeks, Cypriots etc etc.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
This does raise an interesting question as Australia and Australians claim to have a true melting pot of cultures and people and also, supposedly the most accepting of these different cultures. Yet, when these nasty incidents occur they are no longer Aussies, instead they are all pigeon-holed as Lebanese, Croatians, Serbs, Greeks, Cypriots etc etc.
You seem surprised BS.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:38 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Tennis hooligans

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Are they? They might be, but I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone. Either way, it's irrelevant. They've made it clear where their true loyalties lie. They're not attacking the Czechs because Australians have a grudge against Czechs. They're attacking the Czechs because they're Croats with a grudge against Czechs.

Of course they're Australians. But they're Croat Australians. The whole problem stems from Croatian antipathy towards Czechoslovakia. It does not stem from Australian antipathy towards Czechoslovakia.

That's why - and follow me closely here - the only people causing this trouble are people from the Croatian community.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:40 am
Banned

Are they? They might be, but I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone. Either way, it's irrelevant. They've made it clear where their true loyalties lie. They're not attacking the Czechs because Australians have a grudge against Czechs. They're attacking the Czechs because they're Croats with a grudge against Czechs.

Of course they're Australians. But they're Croat Australians. The whole problem stems from Croatian antipathy towards Czechoslovakia. It does not stem from Australian antipathy towards Czechoslovakia.

That's why - and follow me closely here - the only people causing this trouble are people from the Croatian community.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:45 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Incorrect. A few years ago it was the Serbs, the year before that is was the Cypriots. In NSW Soccer league it was the Greeks. In the NRL for the Bulldogs it was the Lebanese...and so on and so on....
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

But they're Croat Australians. The whole problem stems from Croatian antipathy towards Czechoslovakia. It does not stem from Australian antipathy towards Czechoslovakia.
So which Australians represent Australian views then? Who are the Australian Australians?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:51 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Gets even more feisty when a Serb comes out to play a Croat. Very passionate and fiery people.

Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:53 am
Banned

So which Australians represent Australian views then? Who are the Australian Australians?
Mark Philippoussis? No, sorry he speaks greek.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:54 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by IvanM
Gets even more feisty when a Serb comes out to play a Croat. Very passionate and fiery people.
...another great Aussie; Ivan Milat. That's a Croat name, isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.