Wikiposts

Telstra T Box

Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Telstra T Box

Just wondered if anybody has got one? Is it worth it and how much do you pay for the movies?

We are on a Optus Phone Plan at the moment which has just expired and I am looking at changing, to be honest it won't be long before we get rid of the land line phone but until that day arrives I want to find a better deal.

Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:09 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telstra T Box

Originally Posted by macy
Just wondered if anybody has got one? Is it worth it and how much do you pay for the movies?

We are on a Optus Phone Plan at the moment which has just expired and I am looking at changing, to be honest it won't be long before we get rid of the land line phone but until that day arrives I want to find a better deal.

Thanks
They record digital TV ok - decent program scheduler etc to record from.

Telstra IP TV is frankly junk - not much you would want to watch

You get Digital TV Channels , high def, able to pause/rewind/etc

It does work - movies you can check whats avialable and how much they are on bigponds website already - they're not cheap, and they're not that up to date - go check the website out at bigpond.com

it does work i guess. Im not that overjoyed with it. Its a little ropey sometimes.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen

It does work - movies you can check whats avialable and how much they are on bigponds website already - they're not cheap, and they're not that up to date - go check the website out at bigpond.com

it does work i guess. Im not that overjoyed with it. Its a little ropey sometimes.
That's Spalen being subtle. He told me it was crap.

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Jun 16th 2011 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't recommend anything at all to do with Telstra . . . crapcrapcrap.

We do have a Tbox but Telstra ****ed up the order soooo badly that we basically got it for free . . . it's sat in it's box ever since.

Last edited by spartacus; Jun 16th 2011 at 4:50 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:46 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
That's Spalen being subtle. He told me it was crap.

JTL
buyers remorse.... It does tape the F1 for me at XX:Am so I dont have to get up early :-) thats the one value add feature.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:49 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I couldn't recommend anything at all to do with Telstra . . . crapcrapcrap
NextG mobile phone network is good, and you can get some good packages

I wouldn't touch any of their other products though
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I must admit I was a bit dubious about getting involved with Telstra again, I think the movies on demand interested us as we are shocking at returning the dvd's to the store. We should go high tech and get one of those multi media centre things but just seems like too much effort and we would have to get some IT whizz to come around and explain it to us and set it up. Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:33 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
Yes I must admit I was a bit dubious about getting involved with Telstra again, I think the movies on demand interested us as we are shocking at returning the dvd's to the store. We should go high tech and get one of those multi media centre things but just seems like too much effort and we would have to get some IT whizz to come around and explain it to us and set it up. Thanks for the advice.
Buy a WDTV live Media Player - $98 from Officeworks
Connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable - $4 on EBay
Download whatever you want using BTJunkie, The Box, UKNova etc
Copy these programs to a USB drive - $5 from pretty much everywhere
Watch

So easy even my wife can do it
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

buyers remorse.... It does tape the F1 for me at XX:Am so I dont have to get up early :-) thats the one value add feature.
Which time programmable video recorders can't do?

JTL
Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:31 pm
ah-beng

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Which time programmable video recorders can't do?

JTL
Get with it grandad.... Video what now? You mean the ones with real tape in them ? arent they illegal now, like asbestos or something.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Get with it grandad.... Video what now? You mean the ones with real tape in them ? arent they illegal now, like asbestos or something.
Yes, Video recorders give you cancer, and that's straight from the governments website.

Apparently you've got to have an HD TV and a Telstra T Box to protect your children.

Or you could just tell them they're talking bollox and keep your current TV and video recorder with good old fashioned video tape

JTL