Wikiposts

Telstra Game

Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telstra Game

Any of you who have a Telstra mobile phone will be aware that if someone leaves you a voice message, Telstra also send it as an SMS text message.

This can be hours of fun seeing how accurate their voice recognition software is. I've already figured our they do know all the swear words and do send them to you in an SMS (thanks Telstra, nothing like an SMS full of abuse).

The last message I left said

Listen Darth Vader. If you dont sent Hermione over here with Harry Potter, I'm gonna send over the guys with the light sabers

Got the SMS back

Listen Dark Peter. If you dont send Hermione over and O with Harry Potter, I'm gonna send my days over for light saber

Not bad. They got the Hermione thing, not the Darth Vader one. So anyway, a fun game, ring your mobile, leave random strange words and see how it interprets them.

JTL
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:53 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telstra Game

I like it when people leave their mobile number and it comes out with 12 digits
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:32 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

one of my friends was GM for a company that claimed to have voice recognition software to do the voicemail to text that was hugely accurate. The company was worth a fortune , high rising fast growing stock kind of thing.

Then the videos came out on Youtube from the guys working in the "call center" in india who would deal with the 1% of errors that the software couldnt pick up.

Turns out they didnt have any software, it was all indian dudes, reading and listening to your voicemail and then typing it in (badly) and SMSing it to you.
It went to court....

In your case JTL it'll be your accent mate not the software. The indian/phillipino workforce wont catch your lilt.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
one of my friends was GM for a company that claimed to have voice recognition software to do the voicemail to text that was hugely accurate. The company was worth a fortune , high rising fast growing stock kind of thing.

Then the videos came out on Youtube from the guys working in the "call center" in india who would deal with the 1% of errors that the software couldnt pick up.

Turns out they didnt have any software, it was all indian dudes, reading and listening to your voicemail and then typing it in (badly) and SMSing it to you.
It went to court....

In your case JTL it'll be your accent mate not the software. The indian/phillipino workforce wont catch your lilt.
I had a sneaking suspicion it was being interpreted by humans, because the SMS arrives about 3 minutes after you leave the message.

So you reckon there is some Indian dude going "who the hell is Darth Vader, I know who Hermione is from Harry Potter, he must be referring to the famous Dark Peter character from Harry Potter".

No doubt played by Alan Rickman.

My Brother in law works in Voice recognition software. I must get an answer from him if this if computer or human interpreted recognition.

But in the meantime, you can all rest assured that you can swear down your phones and it will send a text message of your abuse to your intended recepient. (unless it's Darth Vader)

JTL
Old Feb 10th 2011, 9:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I had a sneaking suspicion it was being interpreted by humans, because the SMS arrives about 3 minutes after you leave the message.

So you reckon there is some Indian dude going "who the hell is Darth Vader, I know who Hermione is from Harry Potter, he must be referring to the famous Dark Peter character from Harry Potter".

No doubt played by Alan Rickman.

My Brother in law works in Voice recognition software. I must get an answer from him if this if computer or human interpreted recognition.

But in the meantime, you can all rest assured that you can swear down your phones and it will send a text message of your abuse to your intended recepient. (unless it's Darth Vader)

JTL
Send the message:- "Life a mate get bloody" and see what comes back
Old Feb 10th 2011, 10:55 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL
They got caught out because people got suspicious that spelling mistakes in the texts were not consistent... obviously the dudes had different typo's because they were typing things fresh each time.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:16 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I like it when people leave their mobile number and it comes out with 12 digits
Maybe that's because when it interprets the number that was left, it automatically adds the area code for the country?
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:18 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Send the message:- "Life a mate get bloody" and see what comes back

Better yet, try sending it when you're drunk and see what comes back.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Better yet, try sending it when you're drunk and see what comes back.
You'd probably get the words in the right order then
Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:11 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Send....
"Darth Vader has been diagnosed with pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis and that's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Feb 11th 2011 at 8:14 am.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 9:13 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Try "Mike Hunt would like to be in Phuket"
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Send....
"Darth Vader has been diagnosed with pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis and that's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
If I tried saying that, someone would think I'm drunk, as it would come out in some unintelligible gibberish........
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:25 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a message to the OH in Melbourne during the height of the recent floods to tell her all was well here.

The speed at which she got back to me suggests that the recognition software wasn't perfect
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I sent a message to the OH in Melbourne during the height of the recent floods to tell her all was well here.

The speed at which she got back to me suggests that the recognition software wasn't perfect
I think it's the accents that confuse the computer.........
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:31 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I think it's the accents that confuse the computer.........
Maybe if I was Indian it would help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.