Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tefal Actifry - anyone got one?

Tefal Actifry - anyone got one?

Old Dec 8th 2011, 7:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tefal Actifry - anyone got one?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
R u paying with a UK or Aussie CC?
It rejects the transaction before I get to payment details.

I have never been able to get anything other than books and media delivered to Australia from Amazon UK.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 8:03 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It rejects the transaction before I get to payment details.

I have never been able to get anything other than books and media delivered to Australia from Amazon UK.
Ditto, til the other month when I was able to order three pairs of Birkenstocks for bugger all! BEEZERRRR! LOL
Old Dec 8th 2011, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
One of the girls from work brought one.... She was a bit coy about how much she paid..... Are you just as reticent????

Never actually seen one in the flesh so to speak.... But there's one for sale on gumtree for $1700 which is like crazy money..

Sell it to me? Metaphorically speaking... Whats so good about it? What does it do exactly? Will it clean the bath for me????
What does it do? How long is a piece of strong. It weighs, measures, grinds, chops, kneads, stirs, cooks, pulses. However, I was always a good cook and this has just made it a little easier. I now make all my own bread. I grind my own wheat, rye, barley, rice flour, chickpea flour, raw sugar to caster to icing sugar (no need for loads of different sugars in the cupboard.

it is fantastic for making curry pastes and you can make small or large amounts depending on how much you want - not so much waste and you know all the ingredients in it without using preservatives.

The list goes on and one. I convert many of my favourite recipes to the TM but this comes with time and experience.

One caveat - if you hate cooking then it is not going to make you a gourmet but it might make prepping meals easier and quicker.

The price new is $1,999.00

BTW it is small (good looking) and easily fits on the countertop without having to be put away after use.

I still use my cooker and slow cooker but that is about it.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 8:55 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
This is the exact one I bought...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000T76UOE
It let me use my AU address.

All that was left was to click the place order button.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

We went through 2 Actifrys in 1 1/2 years.

First one - the plastic bit of the filter broke within a month of purchase. We were able to get a new one as it was under warranty.

Second one - a bit of the paddle broke a few months later but the unit was still okay to use. A few months after that the bit holding the lid down chipped. It was still okay to use when we put something on top of the lid to hold it down. A couple of months after that, it started to smell of burned plastic. Got chucked out.

Now we have a Philips hot air fryer. Again, it's quite plastic. It's been a few months now and okay so far. If and when it breaks, I might look at a German Pool one which my dad swears by.

Mrs JTL
Old Dec 8th 2011, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
A couple of months after that, it started to smell of burned plastic.
Maybe linked to a problem highlighted by Watchdog a few years ago?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting this delivery disparity. I wonder why some people can get Electric items and others cant. Even the Amazon Site says only books music and DVDs apply

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...39400&pop-up=1

Tis a sure fire way to make at least 60 bucks on Ebay.AU if anyone besides Jen can get one landed at the Amazon price. 33pct return on your money !

Edit Massive thread on the amazon free delivery on Whirlpool... seems no one on there can get electrics either.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 8th 2011 at 11:17 am.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Maybe linked to a problem highlighted by Watchdog a few years ago?
Thanks for the link, roaringmouse.

Wish we had found that report when we were researching Actifry two years ago! Most comments we found (1st page of google) were positive... In some way I feel lucky that we only got burnt plastic smell, not something more serious.

I hope everyone reads the Watchdog report before they rush out to the shops or order online.

Mrs JTL
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

hater is an unknown quantity at this point

If any of you mates need a German translation for ordering on amazon.de just send me a message

BTW: When you order on amazon.de no matter where you live you fall under German customer rights...which sometimes comes in quite handy.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:58 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Thanks for the link, roaringmouse.

Wish we had found that report when we were researching Actifry two years ago! Most comments we found (1st page of google) were positive... In some way I feel lucky that we only got burnt plastic smell, not something more serious.

I hope everyone reads the Watchdog report before they rush out to the shops or order online.

Mrs JTL
Those were the older models, they've since made improvements...
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hater
If any of you mates need a German translation for ordering on amazon.de just send me a message
Google Chrome does it for you
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Unhealthy here. I like my chips deep fat fried. Have never had a decent crispy but fluffy chip from the oven, ever. Not trying it ever again, they're feral.

I just tried to order a cat comb from Amazon.com. They won't deliver it here. It's barking. It's a fricking comb. Not impressed. A very very kind US BEer is taking delivery for me and posting it on.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Hebe
What does it do? How long is a piece of strong. It weighs, measures, grinds, chops, kneads, stirs, cooks, pulses. However, I was always a good cook and this has just made it a little easier. I now make all my own bread. I grind my own wheat, rye, barley, rice flour, chickpea flour, raw sugar to caster to icing sugar (no need for loads of different sugars in the cupboard.

it is fantastic for making curry pastes and you can make small or large amounts depending on how much you want - not so much waste and you know all the ingredients in it without using preservatives.

The list goes on and one. I convert many of my favourite recipes to the TM but this comes with time and experience.

One caveat - if you hate cooking then it is not going to make you a gourmet but it might make prepping meals easier and quicker.

The price new is $1,999.00

BTW it is small (good looking) and easily fits on the countertop without having to be put away after use.

I still use my cooker and slow cooker but that is about it.
I make ice cream, butter, jam, sorbet, smoothies with it.

An amazing machine.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I make ice cream, butter, jam, sorbet, smoothies with it.

An amazing machine.
I'm thinking that the Grey nomads will have to buy one for their motorhome when they get here... Then I can acquire it for OUR kitchen when they hang up their furry dice after their travels....

We hope to inherit the passion wagon too....
Old Dec 9th 2011, 7:16 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Wink Re: Tefal Actifry - anyone got one?

Well my actifry is in Kentucky, let's hope it's still in one piece lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.