Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Teenager Come Around!!!!

Wikiposts

Teenager Come Around!!!!

Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future
Default Teenager Come Around!!!!

Hi Guys

After months of deliberation from my daughter Hannah (14) saying she doesn't want to come to Oz under any circumstances she as finally come around to the idea thankfully at last....

She actually said last night on the way back from Blackpool illuminations "Mum sorry for putting you through so much stress, I am willing to give it a go and if I don't like can come back to the UK when I am older, sorry for being so stubborn." What a relief that has been I can tell you.

It has been very stressful and has quite honestly doubted me from getting on with the rest of my application.

Just to all those with adamant teenagers stick in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel, I tried not to go on about it too much and they eventually come to terms with the idea in their own time.

Good luck to you all thanks for keeping my spirits up to those who know about my situation.

Take Care

Debbie
Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Teenager Come Around!!!!

Glad things are looking up for you. The eldest of my 2 teenage boys was a bit unsure about coming here, but now you wouldnt get him back to the UK for all the tea in china. He is almost 20 now and very, very happy!!! Good luck with it!!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
Hi Guys

After months of deliberation from my daughter Hannah (14) saying she doesn't want to come to Oz under any circumstances she as finally come around to the idea thankfully at last....

She actually said last night on the way back from Blackpool illuminations "Mum sorry for putting you through so much stress, I am willing to give it a go and if I don't like can come back to the UK when I am older, sorry for being so stubborn." What a relief that has been I can tell you.

It has been very stressful and has quite honestly doubted me from getting on with the rest of my application.

Just to all those with adamant teenagers stick in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel, I tried not to go on about it too much and they eventually come to terms with the idea in their own time.

Good luck to you all thanks for keeping my spirits up to those who know about my situation.

Take Care

Debbie
Blackpool illuminations, we went there every year. Are they as good.
Was it cold.
Do you go Garstang way, oh i feel a bit homesicky, never mind it will pass.
Denise
Old Oct 29th 2006, 4:12 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Blackpool illuminations, we went there every year. Are they as good.
Was it cold.
Do you go Garstang way, oh i feel a bit homesicky, never mind it will pass.
Denise

We are going into winter, the clocks have gone back, the weather is supposed to turn for the worst this week and I have just been threatened by two eight year olds on bikes whilst pushing a pram...that homesickness WILL pass Cranni.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 4:17 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Both my kids, 13 and 10 are very keen and want to go now!!! Just hope they don't change when we get there...... C x
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Take Care

Debbie
Debbie, she sounds a very mature young lady who has just taken a little time to get through it. My son posts on here (Matt 06) he is 15 and he is in the same boat. He doesnt really want to come out,but is doing the two years and will then come back with our blessing. It is a big wrench for them to be pulled away from what and who they know. If she wants to have a chat with Matt 06 let her know he feels the same. He also apologised.

take care and I hope it works out for you all. x
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:27 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cath and debs, can i swap teenagers with you

Debs thanks for the pm from aussiemove
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Cath and debs, can i swap teenagers with you

Debs thanks for the pm from aussiemove
LOL, no but you can share him.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of

Hey,
I am the equally stubborn teenager that didnt want to go Australia....

I was the same, i was hating the idea of spending time away from my friends and family, but i did finally come around, i have decided that i will give it a go, and yes i did apoligise and have agreed to go to oz....

I understood how much pressure that i was putting on my mum and dad, and how much of a 'once in a lifetime chance' it is to go to the other side of the world...

If anyone wants to chat with me about anything i will try my best to answer and give advice etc...

So yes, just thought that i would show my face (or my post)

Matt

xxx
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:20 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt06
Hey,
I am the equally stubborn teenager that didnt want to go Australia....

I was the same, i was hating the idea of spending time away from my friends and family, but i did finally come around, i have decided that i will give it a go, and yes i did apoligise and have agreed to go to oz....

I understood how much pressure that i was putting on my mum and dad, and how much of a 'once in a lifetime chance' it is to go to the other side of the world...

If anyone wants to chat with me about anything i will try my best to answer and give advice etc...

So yes, just thought that i would show my face (or my post)

Matt

xxx

We like Matt!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of

Hey,

LOL.. thank you,

matt

x
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:32 am
A rather curious boy

Hey,

LOL.. thank you,

matt

x

No problem, I like your folks too
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Hey,
So do i, but you cant share them either... lol

matt
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
So do i, but you cant share them either... lol

matt
Matt, U R a legend! My 16 yr old daughter is still giving me stress aboutour move. Post some more highly positive stuff, so that she can read it and be convinced!!!!
Bex
Old Oct 29th 2006, 10:36 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

"Mum sorry for putting you through so much stress, I am willing to give it a go and if I don't like can come back to the UK when I am older, sorry for being so stubborn."
Holy Cow, Debbie! And now these words are forever immortalised on BE, forever to remain.

I'm really pleased for you ... and her. She's right, she can always go live back in the UK, but in the meantime, she can have a blast in Aus.

Great news!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.