Wikiposts

Technical help

Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:46 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Technical help

Originally Posted by fraser
They're all fine mate, just been to coles and bought a load of cd-rw to back up all my stuff and then I'm going to use the recovery disc as it just isn't functioning right

Dude, looks like we will talk to you next week then. Best of luck.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:49 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucs
Dude, looks like we will talk to you next week then. Best of luck.
Mate I can't even get it to record my data on a disc, I tried and it said it needs reformating and now it's taking 22 minutes to do it.

I've never used it before but it wont let me take out the disc or cancl it
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:59 pm
Tiny Member

Mate I can't even get it to record my data on a disc, I tried and it said it needs reformating and now it's taking 22 minutes to do it.

I've never used it before but it wont let me take out the disc or cancl it
Hope your not reformating the hard drive?
Is it correct that you can right click the folder and cut and paste it but you cannot drag and drop the folder?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I hope everyone has noticed how quiet Ive been about the "M" word.....!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 1:22 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your not reformating the hard drive?
Is it correct that you can right click the folder and cut and paste it but you cannot drag and drop the folder?
I'm back I've used the recovery disc and guess what the problem is still here

Surely that should have cleared it up, I don't suppose the warranty is any good?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:31 pm

Surely that should have cleared it up, I don't suppose the warranty is any good?
Anyone?

I can't drag and drop in any application

Last edited by fraser; Mar 11th 2006 at 2:33 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

without being able to see it....FnR baby
though I hate that one too...
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
without being able to see it....FnR baby
though I hate that one too...
Mate I'm really confused this time, although it doesn't help that my brain has turned to mush.

It's really weird everytime I boot up no buttons work and then I open up task manager and they work.

Still can't move anything anywhere though, I think I'm going to launch it at the
wall
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:36 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fraser,
My OH suggests that you uninstall the software for the mouse and touch pad and try re-installing the latest version from the manufacturers website. Also, check the device manager and check that the mouse is not ! (in yellow triangle or red stop sign).

Might help and its better than launching it again the wall though I've been very tempted in the past and usually make do with thumping it!

Sass

Mate I'm really confused this time, although it doesn't help that my brain has turned to mush.

It's really weird everytime I boot up no buttons work and then I open up task manager and they work.

Still can't move anything anywhere though, I think I'm going to launch it at the
wall
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:51 pm
Tiny Member

wall
Fraser my laptop is an ibm and it automaticaly checks for latest updates and software. Try and see if your manufacturer offers the same.
Have you got another keyboard you can plug into the usb to see if it will work?

Go to control panel, system, click the hardware tab, then click device manager. see if there is any warning remarks beside the keyboard and mouse.
You can remove them in this section and then check for new hardware. This will reinstall them for you.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:05 pm

Fraser my laptop is an ibm and it automaticaly checks for latest updates and software. Try and see if your manufacturer offers the same.
Have you got another keyboard you can plug into the usb to see if it will work?

Go to control panel, system, click the hardware tab, then click device manager. see if there is any warning remarks beside the keyboard and mouse.
You can remove them in this section and then check for new hardware. This will reinstall them for you.
Thanks Tucs and Sass I'll have a go
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:13 pm

No triangles etc

I'm going to try a keyboard.

No USB connecter.

I'll try phoning Toshiba when I get a chance as it's only 7 months old.

Last edited by fraser; Mar 11th 2006 at 10:16 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 7:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try phoning Toshiba when I get a chance as it's only 7 months old.
What's the model? Had a couple where I volunteer that had duff pads...though they were old ones....but if you do want to get a laptop that could be chucked against a wall, get a toughbook

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/home.asp They rock, maybe you can't drive over one, but you can seriously hammer the shite out of one...feels great
Old Mar 12th 2006, 7:26 am
Tiny Member

Originally Posted by Bob
What's the model? Had a couple where I volunteer that had duff pads...though they were old ones....but if you do want to get a laptop that could be chucked against a wall, get a toughbook

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/home.asp They rock, maybe you can't drive over one, but you can seriously hammer the shite out of one...feels great
I dont think this was what Fraser wants to hear bob.
Talk about kick a man when he is down.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

I dont think this was what Fraser wants to hear bob.
Talk about kick a man when he is down.
hehe..aye, true...but gotta love those toughbooks...can even pee over the new ones, well sealed against water leaks...well maybe not pee on one as that's gross, but you can spill your coffee with confidence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.