Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Technical Fridge Advice

Wikiposts

Technical Fridge Advice

Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:32 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Technical Fridge Advice

Does it have a tropical setting? I know my old freezer in the UK had one, might be worth having a look.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I can see what the problem is with your fridge.
There is no alcohol in there.
HAHA WE'VE A FRIDGE ESPECIALLY FOR OUR GROG LOL In fact we've got two lol
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Do you want to hear my Nan's advice on how to fix a f#$ked up fridge?
Pray tell! lol

Ended up taking the cover off the freezer bit where I saw the wee hole clogged with ice and a huge hunk of ice the size of a standard novel ffs! Sorted all of that and poured hot water down there, then have moved the feet up higher at the front, just hope the fridge starts to get colder soon!

Ben you're an ANGEL, and before anyone asks, I did it ALL on my own!!! lol
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:22 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Pray tell! lol
Well it's not really a tip on how to get the fridge fixed itself, more a tip on how to get it fixed for free.

She told me once, that she would call the fridge repair man out, get him to fix it, then while he is busy doing the work, she would sneak into her bedroom and put on some lingerie. When it came to paying him, she would first test the fridge by opening up the freezer compartment and standing in front of it for for a few minutes long enough for her peanuts to appear then sexily ask the repair man, "how much do I owe you sugar?"

Bless her, she's dead now
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:46 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well it's not really a tip on how to get the fridge fixed itself, more a tip on how to get it fixed for free.

She told me once, that she would call the fridge repair man out, get him to fix it, then while he is busy doing the work, she would sneak into her bedroom and put on some lingerie. When it came to paying him, she would first test the fridge by opening up the freezer compartment and standing in front of it for for a few minutes long enough for her peanuts to appear then sexily ask the repair man, "how much do I owe you sugar?"

Bless her, she's dead now
Ur a d1ck lol haha
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:17 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

I just did it again as I felt the fridge still wasn't v cold, this time I did it with the front feet up higher than the back and with slightly hotter water, here's hoping!!! The freezer is fine tho, odd?!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

I just did it again as I felt the fridge still wasn't v cold, this time I did it with the front feet up higher than the back and with slightly hotter water, here's hoping!!! The freezer is fine tho, odd?!
I might be misunderstanding what your saying but all ice every where has to be removed as it insulates against the cold - weird I know .

It looked like a fan forced fridge - is the fan going ?

Turn the fridge on full and make sure the compressor is hot to touch - if not
well .............

Last edited by mulben; Feb 17th 2011 at 11:35 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:45 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Did you give it a good ole kick and a piece of your mind? Seriously though, if the compressor is going (not overheating) and the door insulation is tight, it should work. One thing you can do is unplug it to rid it of ice completely and then see what happens. May be it just had it.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:32 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by mulben
I might be misunderstanding what your saying but all ice every where has to be removed as it insulates against the cold - weird I know .

It looked like a fan forced fridge - is the fan going ?

Turn the fridge on full and make sure the compressor is hot to touch - if not
well .............
My second attempt was a success, the fridge is cold again once more, YAYYYYY!!! Is this gonna be a regular thing now, any idea why it happened?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

My second attempt was a success, the fridge is cold again once more, YAYYYYY!!! Is this gonna be a regular thing now, any idea why it happened?
Two things I noticed in your report

make sure the fridge is level , not tilted to the back and freezing of the condensation tube is usually associated with very humid weather
-have you had any of that
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Do you want to hear my Nan's advice on how to fix a f#$ked up fridge?
Yes please.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:11 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Ur a d1ck lol haha
Thanks, I try hard

I can only hope that when I pass away, I die hard too