Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Teaching languages to toddlers?

Wikiposts

Teaching languages to toddlers?

Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teaching languages to toddlers?

DS (#1) is now 2 1/2 and has a memory like a sponge. I think they all do at this age.

Anyway, DH speaks German and I speak French. DS already knows a few phrases in both and can count, but I was wondering if there are any age specific books anyone can recommend?

Cheers all
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching languages to toddlers?

I'm not sure I'd bother with books as such, but that's just choice. We have got the Muzzy (BBC) language courses and all three children have great French and Italian. It's given them a real boost in school.

http://www.muzzyonline.com/muzzyland...5028AL&srch=sh

Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
I'm not sure I'd bother with books as such, but that's just choice. We have got the Muzzy (BBC) language courses and all three children have great French and Italian. It's given them a real boost in school.

http://www.muzzyonline.com/muzzyland...5028AL&srch=sh

Brilliant, thanks for that..........I shall post another thread now in relation to languages.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Brilliant, thanks for that..........I shall post another thread now in relation to languages.
I'm not sure about books. A friend of ours is fluent in French and speaks to her two girls only in French (Dad speaks to them in English). Both girl's are pretty good, infact Alix used to only speak french herself, at 2 1/2! Good luck with it - I wish I had the ability.