British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Tasmania for a long weekend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/tasmania-long-weekend-466738/)

busterboy Jul 17th 2007 2:23 am

Tasmania for a long weekend

Hello

Me and the OH and 1 year old are coming to Tasmania this weekend from Melbourne for a long weekend. We arrive on Thursday.

OH is working on the Thursday and Friday from the Hobart office. Do any posters want to get together for a coffee or meet up?

If not, can anyone give me an idea what delights in Hobart to sample for the time when OH is at work?

northernbird Jul 17th 2007 2:26 am

Re: Tasmania for a long weekend

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 5065034)
Hello

Me and the OH and 1 year old are coming to Tasmania this weekend from Melbourne for a long weekend. We arrive on Thursday.

OH is working on the Thursday and Friday from the Hobart office. Do any posters want to get together for a coffee or meet up?

If not, can anyone give me an idea what delights in Hobart to sample for the time when OH is at work?

sod Tasmania, when you coming to Perth.

Pollyana Jul 17th 2007 2:28 am

Hello

Salamanca Place is a must - fab market there on Saturdays, but the shops are great anytime. Lovely little square behind the shops with excellent cafes/bars too.

possoms Jul 17th 2007 5:51 am

Hello

hope your bringing your wellies ;)

busterboy Jul 17th 2007 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by possoms (Post 5065504)
hope your bringing your wellies ;)

So glad that no-one wants to meet me for a coffee/beer while I have two days to kill in Tasmania (sniff)!:(

OzzieNurse Jul 17th 2007 1:05 pm

Hello

Hope you have a nice time let me know how you get on as we are heading for Tassie to live xx:thumbsup:

busterboy Jul 17th 2007 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse (Post 5067026)
Hope you have a nice time let me know how you get on as we are heading for Tassie to live xx:thumbsup:

Really R are you? You and your lovely OH might get a regular visitor or two or three if we like it there!:)

busterboy Jul 17th 2007 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 5065038)
sod Tasmania, when you coming to Perth.

As soon as I think you are strong enough ! :D

possoms Jul 18th 2007 12:05 am

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 5066749)
So glad that no-one wants to meet me for a coffee/beer while I have two days to kill in Tasmania (sniff)!:(

bit too far away for me I'm afraid will you be coming ooop north at all? :)

rossifumi Jul 18th 2007 12:15 am

I'm coming to Melbourne either next week or the week after. Anyone up for a few sherberts, Cas...anyone?

busterboy Jul 18th 2007 12:34 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi (Post 5070071)
I'm coming to Melbourne either next week or the week after. Anyone up for a few sherberts, Cas...anyone?

We are all getting together for a curry night August 3rd....you interested?

possoms Jul 18th 2007 12:40 am

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 5070125)

fark thought that was an invitation to me in Hobart then :eek::eek::eek: :rofl:

rossifumi Jul 18th 2007 1:18 am

I'll be leaving on a jet plane that day, but thankyou. :)

birdynumnum Jul 18th 2007 1:21 am

I may well be in Melbourne then & would love to eat curry with you all too
x

Have a lovely weekend in Tassie - you're in for a treat!
The mkt on Sat at Salamanca is lovely & a drive to the sth would be beautiful. And Richmond (cant remeber how far that is though). Nice river n lovely bridge n few places for a bite & drink too
Enjoy

busterboy Jul 18th 2007 1:50 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi (Post 5070218)
I'll be leaving on a jet plane that day, but thankyou. :)

We could organise a drinkie don't you worry! Just give us your dates and a beer will be in the offing/offering!:)