Tasmania

Old Nov 13th 2013, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oooh you found the Hothouse! Isn't it fab?
Sure is.... Definitely worth a mention.

There would be a decent pct of people that wouldn't like it though, just on its totally unconventional and unfashionable nature.

We loved and and I reckon it sums up Tasmania to a large extent.

How was you getting around Poll, I didnt know you drove, I guess you must have hired a car ?
Old Nov 13th 2013, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be in Tassy in a few weeks' time - Xmas in Launceston and New Years in Hobart. Can't wait cos I've been planning to visit for ages but this is my first opportunity. I live in New Zealand and have been told that Tasmania is very similar to NZ (including the climate).
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I'll be in Tassy in a few weeks' time - Xmas in Launceston and New Years in Hobart. Can't wait cos I've been planning to visit for ages but this is my first opportunity. I live in New Zealand and have been told that Tasmania is very similar to NZ (including the climate).
I'll be interested to hear whether you think it is or not.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 12:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Sure is.... Definitely worth a mention.

There would be a decent pct of people that wouldn't like it though, just on its totally unconventional and unfashionable nature.

We loved and and I reckon it sums up Tasmania to a large extent.

How was you getting around Poll, I didnt know you drove, I guess you must have hired a car ?
I don't drive, I use a mixture of organised coach trips, scheduled buses like Tassielink, and my own two feet! Think I have walked all of Bruny, while staying at the backpacker hostel, and the same with many other places, pick a base hostel and then explore on foot.
Made ine trip with a mate who did hire a car, and we went to a few more remote places, but I can honestly say I have walked most of the island
Old Nov 13th 2013, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't drive, I use a mixture of organised coach trips, scheduled buses like Tassielink, and my own two feet! Think I have walked all of Bruny, while staying at the backpacker hostel, and the same with many other places, pick a base hostel and then explore on foot.
Made ine trip with a mate who did hire a car, and we went to a few more remote places, but I can honestly say I have walked most of the island

Blimey, because Bruny is a lot bigger than I thought it would be

I saw one intrepid couple walking up Mount Wellington... I guess plenty do that though. You didn't do that challenge did you ?
Old Nov 13th 2013, 9:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Blimey, because Bruny is a lot bigger than I thought it would be

I saw one intrepid couple walking up Mount Wellington... I guess plenty do that though. You didn't do that challenge did you ?
No, Mount Wellington is too steep for me to think about, Bruny was ok, gentler hills so my lungs can cope. Did some fantastic walks there a few years back.
If you stay in backpackers hostels that helps with the travelling as many will meet the statewide coaches, or even pick up rom Hobart or Launceston - thats how I got out to Bruny, and to Maria Island.
Next time I'm doing a cruise up the river at Strahan, did the trip once by seaplane which was stunning, so I thought I'd do th boat this time round.
Another thing worth doing, pricey but good, is a flight from Hobart over the forests of the southwest = so much unexplored land with forests and lakes