Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Swiss voters 'back expulsion of foreign criminals'

Swiss voters 'back expulsion of foreign criminals'

Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swiss voters 'back expulsion of foreign criminals'

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Priceless.

You simply cannot bring yourself to admit it can you...
Oh my good god, you are not being serious are you? You are now arguing that people who were lied to by a fascist government and subjected to history's most comprehensive propaganda campaign were not deluded in any way and despite widespread knowledge of the progrom were genuinely happy.

I honestly thought the only people with these opinions were in their 90s and living in Uruguay.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seneca21
Oh my good god, you are not being serious are you? You are now arguing that people who were lied to by a fascist government and subjected to history's most comprehensive propaganda campaign were not deluded in any way and despite widespread knowledge of the progrom were genuinely happy.

I honestly thought the only people with these opinions were in their 90s and living in Uruguay.
So we have now established that they WERE happy... just the wrong sort of happy?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

So we have now established that they WERE happy... just the wrong sort of happy?
Those that would have answered "yes" to the question "are you happy?" would have been either deluded by the propaganda or Nazis, of course. How could an intelligent liberal or moderate be happy with pogroms and death camps for God's sake?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:07 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

What are progroms?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Those that would have answered "yes" to the question "are you happy?" would have been either deluded by the propaganda or Nazis, of course. How could an intelligent liberal or moderate be happy with progroms and death camps for God's sake?
You know, for a man who claims to have so much knowledge of humanity, you really know very little about people.

...but you have bored me into submission.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
What are progroms?
They are on Channel Nine
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:09 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

They are on Channel Nine
Oh, that's why I've never heard of them then.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
What are progroms?
They're pogroms with a typo.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

You know, for a man who claims to have so much knowledge of humanity, you really know very little about people.

...but you have bored me into submission.
Your submission was inevitable from the moment you started arguing that Hitler was the solution to Weimar, to be honest.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

Your submission was inevitable from the moment you started arguing that Hitler was the solution to Weimar, to be honest.
You know, it's lines like that, a blatant distortion or an outright lie, that has managed to get you onto peoples ignore list.
It's not as though its a one off either. You are either unaware that you post in this manner, or just do it deliberately.
That, when added to your unrelenting 'know it all' approach, gets right up peoples noses.

People can handle other posters being obnoxious gits, some of my posting in the past is evidence of that, but they really don't like other posters putting words into their mouths, especially when that same poster has a a 'superiority complex'.

Keep it up and you will be talking to yourself before too long.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

You know, it's lines like that, a blatant distortion or an outright lie, that has managed to get you onto peoples ignore list.
It's not as though its a one off either. You are either unaware that you post in this manner, or just do it deliberately.
That, when added to your unrelenting 'know it all' approach, gets right up peoples noses.

People can handle other posters being obnoxious gits, some of my posting in the past is evidence of that, but they really don't like other posters putting words into their mouths, especially when that same poster has a a 'superiority complex'.

Keep it up and you will be talking to yourself before too long.
The only person who I know has put me on their ignore list did so when I said that anyone willing to base their entire decision to move to other side of the world on an internet forum might not be wholly suitable for immigration. The point was politely made and clearly correct. The irrational decision to use the pointless ignore facility wasthe poster's choice and has no bearing or effect on me at all.

Back to the point and your indignation about misrepresentation when I say you argue that Hitler was the solution to Weimar.

I wrote:

"When he was blaming immigrants for Germany's financial and social problems people really thought he [Hitler] was the solution."

And you immediately replied:

"For Germans, up until about 1941 they would have been right."

Now I don't know about you, but this seems pretty clear to me. You openly state that for Germans "up until about 1941" Hitler was the solution.

Your words.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

People can handle other posters being obnoxious gits, some of my posting in the past is evidence of that
Let's not bring the past into it.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:14 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

when that same poster has a 'superiority complex'.
Did you know in the jungle dictionary Seneca is listed as
"Kiwichild re-incarnate"
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Bix
"Kiwichild re-incarnate"
Oh - I thought he was hereandthere re-incarnate?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
"Kiwichild re-incarnate"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.