Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Originally Posted by Hutch
*weeps quietly into his hands*]
Oh no, poor you! It feels like they've only just left.

Have you considered sending them a list of B&Bs in the area? Or telling them a stay with you wil cost $x per week? Might shorten the stay ...
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

*weeps quietly into his hands*

Missus: They're definitely coming. Have told them they'll need to chip in with electricity etc.
Me: ****!
Missus: And my mum says she has learned her lesson!
Me: ****!
Missus: They are coming for ages.
Me: Define 'ages'.
Missus: 9th dec - 18th jan
Me: And they'll be in this house during that entire period? They're not like, buggering off to Perth for five of those weeks?
Missus: At least it's over christmas so loads going on.
Me: Yea, a double homicide for starters ....

http://www.mybloggingblog.com/wp-con...rustration.jpg
Hi Hutch,
Count yourself lucky, mine are coming over for goodand I can't stand my MIL an absolute BITCH. really dreading it and gonna cause problems with OH and myself Six weeks will seem like a lifetime, but the sooner yours get here the sooner thay leave, wish I could say that.Goodluck

Allyson
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dazza49
Hi Hutch,
Count yourself lucky, mine are coming over for goodand I can't stand my MIL an absolute BITCH. really dreading it and gonna cause problems with OH and myself Six weeks will seem like a lifetime, but the sooner yours get here the sooner thay leave, wish I could say that.Goodluck

Allyson
God, you move to the other side of the world & they still haunt you!
Will they be living nearby? Perhaps you could wait until they buy somewhere & then move yourselves!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dazza49
... Count yourself lucky, mine are coming over for good
Well frankly my blood has run cold just reading this, it's truly my worst nightmare. It's bad enough being sitting ducks every damm Christmas so MIL can get a free holiday but the thought of them moving over, well it's just unthinkable. You poor thing Allyson. Sallyclaire's plan sounds like a winner to me
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, they appear to have forgotten the ill-will, hatred, strife and utter unpleasantness they bring with them whenever they visit. And no, haven't been nice - in fact when she phones up I just silently hand the phone to the missus.
That made me laugh as that is what my husband does when my Mum phonesSue.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
God, you move to the other side of the world & they still haunt you!
Will they be living nearby? Perhaps you could wait until they buy somewhere & then move yourselves!
We have just bought a house and they have been looking on realestate at properties in the same area absolute nightmare
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:26 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody black comedy possibly.

Yea, had the same thing when we stayed with my parents for two months. Everyone lost the plot at one point or another. Only person that isn't complaining is the pooch, because she suddenly gets three times as many dog walks when the sponges-in-law are in town.
I'm a bit pished now so excuse my rantings, but i reckon we were all pretty independant in the UK, but here we've had to be totally independant. I think it's the assumtion of parents that they think they can still tell you how to live your life after years of non-involvement that grates on most people. correct me if i'm wrong, i do talk pigs plopafter afew beers
Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Ha Im loving this !
My In laws used to come for 4 months every Englsh summer.
I could write a book.
MY only advice is to let them go to bed and go in their wardrobe everynight and do a David Carradine. Deny everything over breakfast next day and wink at the MIL.
Maybe they'll weird out and leave.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I say be really really really nice to them, make them cups of tea etc, if you be overley nice to them it will weird them out but the wife can't have a go at you,

"what have I done wrong?"
"I don't know why they are leaving.......I have just been nice to them"

Reverse psychology. works on kids.......sometimes!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

By the way does the wife read your posts???
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:58 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

mine arrive this month for 4 weeks oh the joy
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
By the way does the wife read your posts???
Yea, she does read 'em. Usuaully shaking her head as she does.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Cachad is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the laugh.

How does one fend of the in laws and family? First marriage for me they all live in Uk.

Cachad
Old Jun 13th 2009, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seayork2002
I say be really really really nice to them, make them cups of tea etc, if you be overley nice to them it will weird them out but the wife can't have a go at you,

"what have I done wrong?"
"I don't know why they are leaving.......I have just been nice to them"

Reverse psychology. works on kids.......sometimes!
Buy a pet snake or spider.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cachad
Thanks for the laugh.

How does one fend of the in laws and family? First marriage for me they all live in Uk.

Cachad
That's easy, just don't tell them where you live and don't give them your phone number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.