Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:02 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yep and Internet websites too. Can't just look up a price at say Bunnings for instance.
Yeah the websites are backward here too. I'm still doing much of my internet shopping overseas. Finding that the deliveries usually end up being post office collections though.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:07 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep and Internet websites too. Can't just look up a price at say Bunnings for instance.
Yes you can[with Bunnings], I always check a phone price for tools/materials against Bunnings online
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:02 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Yeah the websites are backward here too.
So you're saying that browsing the pages of an online pdf version of the junkmail catalogue is backward! Surely you must be impressed by the page turning effect!

As for the delieveries, yeah, my local post office doesn't even bother trying! Sometimes they don't even leave a card.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:07 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
So you're saying that browsing the pages of an online pdf version of the junkmail catalogue is backward! Surely you must be impressed by the page turning effect!

As for the delieveries, yeah, my local post office doesn't even bother trying! Sometimes they don't even leave a card.

I really like the online PDF version of the catalogue. I find it's great to be able to search through their entire stock for something, and be able to bring up details of the product, such as dimensions, weight, price etc.

Oh, hang on...

Maybe you're right. I think the page turning effect is probably the best thing.

S
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Never had a problem with Oz Post. I have found them to be excellent so far.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:39 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I have everything delivered to my work address now, as there is always somebody there to receive it. The last straw came when AusPost left all of the mail relating to my new HSBC credit card - the card, the PIN number notification and the electronic device for internet access - all wrapped up in a neat bundle on my doorstep for anybody to steal.

Obviously posting it through the letterbox was just too much fracking effort.

S
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I have everything delivered to my work address now, as there is always somebody there to receive it. The last straw came when AusPost left all of the mail relating to my new HSBC credit card - the card, the PIN number notification and the electronic device for internet access - all wrapped up in a neat bundle on my doorstep for anybody to steal.

Obviously posting it through the letterbox was just too much fracking effort.

S
As we buy a lot of stuff on the internet, EBay etc, we get a lot of parcels delivered. My wife is often at home all day, but sometimes her car is not visible from the street (we have a long driveway and a concealed parking area). On a lot of occassions (maybe a majority) the Apost guy will see no car in the driveway and not even bother driving up to knock on the door to see if anyone is in, leaving a delivery slip in the postbox instead. Lazy f**kers. So now we have to make the trip to the post office and queue up to get the parcel.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Never had a problem with Oz Post. I have found them to be excellent so far.
Just you wait
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
On a lot of occassions (maybe a majority) the Apost guy will see no car in the driveway and not even bother driving up to knock on the door to see if anyone is in, leaving a delivery slip in the postbox instead. Lazy f**kers.
At least they leave a slip, sometimes mine don't even bother doing that.

My platinum tracked item never showed up. Online tracking indicated they had tried to deliver it (yeah right), exact time and date supplied...I was home at the time. No delivery slip left. (in other words they dumped it straight at the post office)

Their platinum tracking service was so good that it indicated they had returned the item to the post office...just not good enough to determine which one!! Several toys had to be thrown out of the pram before they were convinced that it was their job to find it rather than me calling every post office, parcel office and post office counter within 10km of my place!

Hey ho, it was nothing important, just my passport!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Just you wait
Seems to be dodge places like Sydney, Melbourne and Perth where the Auspost problems are mostly.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:36 am
has lost The Game

Seems to be dodge places like Sydney, Melbourne and Perth where the Auspost problems are mostly.

So three of the 5 major cities in the country then?

S
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

All parcels are contract delivered. They get around 85 cents per parcel, generally take out around 250 to 300 parcels per day, of which there will be 200 points to deliver. They pay their Fuel/superannuation/Van/Sickpay and do their own tax out of that... work out how long it would take you to drive to 200 delivery points to earn your 250 bucks gross for the day.... I can tell you now they work around 12 hours a day minimum for that 1000 dollars gross per week... most of which is chewed up in expenses. They start at 4.30 am sorting their rounds... and finish around 4.30PM.. if they are lucky.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys.... Great to see capitalism at it's finest Aus post makes a mint out of these lowly paid guys @ your expense.

It was bad enough when Postal employees had to do it... I did it for 8 years and 125 parcels was a major day then. Although @ 125 parcels you probably can knock at most doors.

Let me know if you ever find a contract driver with English as a first language.

Poor buggers.

Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:36 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

So do you only know that you have a parcel after it's been returned?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by paulry
So do you only know that you have a parcel after it's been returned?
If it's tracked I can check online tracking about the time when I'm expecting it.

Otherwise I have to toddle down to the parcel office, they roll their eyes and have a little tut saying they'll never be able to find it...generally can though.

Most times I get a card, it's just there have been a few occasions when I don't.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
Yes you can[with Bunnings], I always check a phone price for tools/materials against Bunnings online
Thanks. Sorry my mistake. I was thinking of Target and places like that that do catelogues rather without prices.

Not a biggy though, would just be nice to compare or get an idea without having to go there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.