Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by Alfresco
You must have done the smouldering eyes look thing unknowingly.

Was the ice cube bigger than the sambuca?
Smouldering eyes? More like squiffy eyes! It wasnt my first sambuca of the night

And no definitely wasn't bigger than my shot, that would sacrilege!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Funny, I've never been very keen on Savanna. Hunters: I developed a very strong liking for over several scorcher weekends at The Kruger Park. Maybe it's the trendy/naff tendency for vendors to serve it with a chunk of lemon that set me against it? I've ever been a "follow the crowd" kind of person, preferring instead to buck the trend. But having said that, if it's the only thing on offer....
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

Sorry if all these have been said, far too many pages to go through.

1. Toddlers standing in trolleys, instead of sitting in the seat, accident waiting to happen.

2. People looking at your in disgust because although they know you are trying to get past them, they don't like being asked to "ëxcuse me"

3. Family sized chooks that would only feed 2 at the most

4. The price of said chooks.

5. The fact that if you buy 2 of something that is supposed to be a special, you save a whopping 10c.

6. How many tomato sauces can there be?

7. Changing queues, thinking the other one is faster, only to see that your original queue as moved twice as fast.

8. The price of Cheese, bread, meat. Actually the price of everything.

9. The lack of choice in anything that has flavour and the stupid amount of choice of everything else.

10. Items being stacked in an empty/ wrong space that shouldn't be there, just to fill it up and only to find on your bill later that it was a lot more expensive than the ticketed price (not just supermarkets).

These Pet hates are from me shopping, try stacking the shelves. Here are some of my pet hates as a stacker:

1, Too many fiddly farty cans of tuna and now they have got chicken in fiddly farty cans now. Too many pasta sauces and Sauces full stop.

2. People asking you where something is, when you are trying to negotiate putting a heavy tray of' something on a top shelf.

3. People deciding they don't want a product and putting it back on the shelf opposite instead of where it came from.

4. People standing for what seems like 10 minutes, negotiating what type of noodles/tuna/pasta sauce,etc they want and you need to stack an item where they are standing.

5.Half eaten items shoved behind the beans, or stuff from the fridge/freezer left on the shelf, what a waste.

6. Why, when the supermarkets open until 9pm, week days, does everyone decide to shop on Thursday evenings. I know it is late night shopping, but the other evenings are mostly dead after 7pm and the specials that start on a Thursday are on all week.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:22 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sunnyj
10. Items being stacked in an empty/ wrong space that shouldn't be there, just to fill it up and only to find on your bill later that it was a lot more expensive than the ticketed price (not just supermarkets).
I blame the stackers

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:35 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

The fridges that try to cool down the whole store.

Blokes that stare at your arse when you have to bend over and reach things from the bottom of the trolley
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:38 am
ABCDiamond

Some things in supermarkets are worth looking at very closely.

They may be cheaper somewhere else..

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28

Blokes that stare at your arse when you have to bend over and reach things from the bottom of the trolley
You shop at the same supermarket as me?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:53 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be worse... it could be that the blokes have stopped staring at your arse when you bend over.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Could be worse... it could be that the blokes have stopped staring at your arse when you bend over.
Beat me to it...

and to the OP - don't knock it - you might miss it when it's gone!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Very true! that's when it's time to worry and perhaps leave the pies out of the shopping trolley...!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:17 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Beat me to it...

and to the OP - don't knock it - you might miss it when it's gone!
I doubt it! Took a while for me to click on that it was happening in the first place, now I'm aware it goes on it really drives me insane. I'm sure it would be easier if I just had longer arms..... Maybe next time I could take one of those claw things that you see litter pickers with to get the stuff from the bottom of the trolley

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Very true! that's when it's time to worry and perhaps leave the pies out of the shopping trolley...!
I don't have a skinny little ass I have a ghetto booty. I don't think the amount of chocolate I eat or the fact that I skate help.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:21 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are talking about me LOL!!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:24 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it! Took a while for me to click on that it was happening in the first place, now I'm aware it goes on it really drives me insane. I'm sure it would be easier if I just had longer arms..... Maybe next time I could take one of those claw things that you see litter pickers with to get the stuff from the bottom of the trolley

I don't have a skinny little ass I have a ghetto booty. I don't think the amount of chocolate I eat or the fact that I skate help.
Oooh one day you will not be complaining believe me, you will just become like the invisible woman LOL!!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:34 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Dale Winton
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:39 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Just to complete the mental image do you prefer to go shopping skirted or unskirted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.