Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:25 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Aload of conning buggers aint they, and people put up with it cos they don't wanna whinge or be seen as unaustralian. I'm gonna start growing all my own, it's beyond a joke now
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:29 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
added to this mate they have 9 months supply prior to the floods
This subject may have come up before, if so I apologise, but do you keep fruit fresh for 9 months?

I thought it was "Woolworths the FRESH food people."
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:46 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

here we go:

1. Milk: why is there a need for 400 types of milk?: high calcium, high protein, added vitamin D, added Aussieness, added wank. Pura milk costs about twice the price of normal milk, why? warraloada shite

2. Tuna: done that, but it's worth another mention due to it's shear bollockiness

3. Mayo: it aint mayo, it's friggin salad cream! develop some f'in taste buds! Funnily enough, by far the most mayo-ish mayo we've found was thanks to one of our kids having a cows milk allergy: Soy mayo which is made in the USA, it actually tastes more like mayo than aussie mayo

4. Dog food: why oh f'in why is there fresh dog food next to the stuff for humans?

5. Cold meat: it costs half the price of the packaged stuff at the deli. Again, why? Please don't tell me it's cos there's an emphasis on fresh food and reduced packaging..a look around any Aussie supermarket will tell you that there's a plethora of fat bastards who eat crisps and coke all day..ie non perishable high carbon footprint packaged shite. No, it's another example of why this country is a rip off to the consumer
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:58 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
here we go:

1. Milk: why is there a need for 400 types of milk?: high calcium, high protein, added vitamin D, added Aussieness, added wank. Pura milk costs about twice the price of normal milk, why? warraloada shite

2. Tuna: done that, but it's worth another mention due to it's shear bollockiness

3. Mayo: it aint mayo, it's friggin salad cream! develop some f'in taste buds! Funnily enough, by far the most mayo-ish mayo we've found was thanks to one of our kids having a cows milk allergy: Soy mayo which is made in the USA, it actually tastes more like mayo than aussie mayo

4. Dog food: why oh f'in why is there fresh dog food next to the stuff for humans?

5. Cold meat: it costs half the price of the packaged stuff at the deli. Again, why? Please don't tell me it's cos there's an emphasis on fresh food and reduced packaging..a look around any Aussie supermarket will tell you that there's a plethora of fat bastards who eat crisps and coke all day..ie non perishable high carbon footprint packaged shite. No, it's another example of why this country is a rip off to the consumer
Steady on Mr Calf, this is very un-Australian of you.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:10 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Steady on Mr Calf, this is very un-Australian of you.

F@&K the Aussies!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:26 am
Home Sweet Home

F@&K the Aussies!
Said exactly as Paul Calf would say it LOL!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:48 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

The Japanese mayo is quite nice - squeezy bottle in the Asian section - apart from the Paul Newman at $9 or so the rest is rancid. So right about the minced kangaroo spleen mashed into a sausage shape being placed next to the human meat. Same in the 'servos' with the fishing bait positioned right next to the lolly and ice cream fridge. Weird....I wonder if Aussies going overseas feel amazed at how sophisticated the whole shopping experience is? How so many items don't make it down under? How there is no price/quality relationship and some stuff just has a massive arbitrary price for no reason? That the deli counter basically serves nowt but olives and feta.... So many questions........
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
The Japanese mayo is quite nice - squeezy bottle in the Asian section - apart from the Paul Newman at $9 or so the rest is rancid. So right about the minced kangaroo spleen mashed into a sausage shape being placed next to the human meat. Same in the 'servos' with the fishing bait positioned right next to the lolly and ice cream fridge. Weird....I wonder if Aussies going overseas feel amazed at how sophisticated the whole shopping experience is? How so many items don't make it down under? How there is no price/quality relationship and some stuff just has a massive arbitrary price for no reason? That the deli counter basically serves nowt but olives and feta.... So many questions........
All valid questions but I confess to being surprised at how unsophisticated the average Brit is - defining themselves by how they shop - in a supermarket.

There has to be 400 types of milk - maybe it's an easy win lol.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:13 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
All valid questions but I confess to being surprised at how unsophisticated the average Brit is - defining themselves by how they shop - in a supermarket.
how do you mean defining themselves? Customer basket as self identity?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:17 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The scary one is "Modified Milk", where the only modification appears to be a doubling of the price

...Oh, and the milk seems to have a nice glow to it
Old Jan 30th 2011, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
how do you mean defining themselves? Customer basket as self identity?
Not you, but the way it is really quite important for so many. Not their basket but how the shop features in their lives. "I do miss me Asdas" - that sort of thing.

It's been one of the aspects of BE I still find hard to comprehend...and I've been reading the forum for 8 years..
Old Jan 30th 2011, 11:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Not you, but the way it is really quite important for so many. Not their basket but how the shop features in their lives. "I do miss me Asdas" - that sort of thing.

It's been one of the aspects of BE I still find hard to comprehend...and I've been reading the forum for 8 years..
Ah yes, that uniquely British trait of missing things from home, be they shops / products etc.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bcworld
Ah yes, that uniquely British trait of missing things from home, be they shops / products etc.
It's not that. That's Ok. And I can understand, sympathise with and get the arguments. I often wonder what my parents would think about the wringing of hands over what is a store.

A supermarket was an invention that combined a groceries store with a greengrocer - that was all. Aisles of rubbish is a distraction reserved for the mass market.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:13 pm
ABCDiamond

Pura milk costs about twice the price of normal milk, why?
Because some people are prepared to pay the higher price, so the supermarkets cater for their needs. And that is just about it...

Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that. That's Ok. And I can understand, sympathise with and get the arguments. I often wonder what my parents would think about the wringing of hands over what is a store.

A supermarket was an invention that combined a groceries store with a greengrocer - that was all. Aisles of rubbish is a distraction reserved for the mass market.
I like supermarkets here, there is less choice so less agonising over which of 156 kinds of mayo i should buy, dont have to worry Bout whether I got the RIGHT bread... I brought THE bread.... Simpler for si ple minds like mine

spud shed and the farmers markets makes fruint, veg n meat EASY... We just buy what they have a lot of and is cheap today... Eating whats in season...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.