British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Supermarket Pet Hates... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/supermarket-pet-hates-702209/)

Swerv-o Jan 29th 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer (Post 9137026)
I love the utter panic when someone omits to insert the 'next customer' barrier on the conveyor belt. The frenzied terror that someone might end up paying for an extra apple in the resulting anarchy is highly amusing. I enjoy deliberately not putting the plastic barrier thing in just to add a bit of spice to the shopping experience....

Genius!

I like to do this too - I hope we never encounter each other in the supermarket our there may be some sort of complete meltdown...

S

GarryP Jan 30th 2011 12:45 am

I love how "Australian Made/Grown/Owned/etc." seems to be code for "bend over and smile while we give it to you".

Thinking 'local is good' is a nice, green, thing to do, but here it seems to be just a way of overpricing goods.

sonlymewalter Jan 30th 2011 12:49 am

Made in Australia doesn't always mean it is either
http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and...australia.aspx

Gjn200 Jan 30th 2011 1:21 am

Originally Posted by GarryP (Post 9138412)
I love how "Australian Made/Grown/Owned/etc." seems to be code for "bend over and smile while we give it to you".

Thinking 'local is good' is a nice, green, thing to do, but here it seems to be just a way of overpricing goods.

Just been to the green grocers, next to the sign 'WE DO NOT SELL CHINESE APPLES' were some pink lady's, $9.99kg FFS get the damn china ones in!!!!!!!!!!!. And I live in the apple growing region.

Fenton Beasley Jan 30th 2011 1:54 am

Coles (and probably Woolies now) have started selling 2L of milk for $2. but you try getting the 2L carton of HiLo after mid morning!

There's a reason this loss-leader has a very finite supply :blink:

eddie007 Jan 30th 2011 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley (Post 9138472)
Coles (and probably Woolies now) have started selling 2L of milk for $2. but you try getting the 2L carton of HiLo after mid morning!

fenton, Darling Boy, you have to be an early bird to catch those loss leading worms... YOU LAZY BUGGER GET UP EARLIER...

Ps.. For those that dont live in perf... Anything after 0900 here is practically bed time for the locals...

HelenTD Jan 30th 2011 2:09 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9138476)
fenton, Darling Boy, you have to be an early bird to catch those loss leading worms... YOU LAZY BUGGER GET UP EARLIER...

Ps.. For those that dont live in perf... Anything after 0900 here is practically bed time for the locals...

Just to make it clear for those who live in proper cities, you mean 9.00 am don't you?;)

eddie007 Jan 30th 2011 2:12 am

Originally Posted by HelenTD (Post 9138482)
Just to make it clear for those who live in proper cities, you mean 9.00 am don't you?;)

How can 0900 be mistaken for anything else???? Any idiot would know that...2100 would be 9pm.... Jeez...

Perf and 9pm simply doesnt exist...

HelenTD Jan 30th 2011 2:13 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9138487)
How can 0900 be mistaken for anything else???? Any idiot would know that...2100 would be 9pm.... Jeez...

Perf and 9pm simply doesnt exist...

Australia doesn't do the 24 hr clock too well, even on airline tickets or flight schedules.

Amazulu Jan 30th 2011 2:17 am

It's called milk, looks like milk but it doesn't taste like milk.

ProudVIC Jan 30th 2011 2:30 am

Originally Posted by HelenTD (Post 9138488)
Australia doesn't do the 24 hr clock too well, even on airline tickets or flight schedules.

Regional trains run on the 24hr format in Victoria. If all it takes to differentiate is two letters, i.e. AM and PM, then what's the point of 24hr time?

Beedubya Jan 30th 2011 2:44 am

Originally Posted by HelenTD (Post 9138488)

I have worked in the airline industry for over 20 years and we have always used the 24 hour clock. Also my recently bought ticket to the UK uses it too. :confused:

eddie007 Jan 30th 2011 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9138514)
I have worked in the airline industry for over 20 years and we have always used the 24 hour clock. Also my recently bought ticket to the UK uses it too. :confused:

i apologise to helen... Forgot perf is 30 yrs behind the rest of the civilised world:rofl:

HelenTD Jan 30th 2011 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9138514)

I used to do a lot of travel arrangements at work and found that Aussies just couldn't cope with the 24 hr clock. I still use it for setting up meetings as well, and I have found that they don't quite get it. Perhaps I've been working with the wrong type of people:lol:!

ABCDiamond Jan 30th 2011 3:01 am

Coles (and probably Woolies now) have started selling 2L of milk for $2.

And yet it is still overpriced even at $2.00.

$1.79 for 2 litres in the fruit shop :rofl:

What I find interesting is that 'some' people complain that Coles and Woolworths are expensive, (which they are), and they should cut the prices.

Then they begin to cut some prices, and what is the reaction... ?